NinjaTrader 7 Installation Guide
Minimum PC Requirements
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Minimum P4 Processor or higher
- 2GB RAM
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s or can be downloaded below)
- If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your PC please download and install it from here.
- Download and install NinjaTrader.
- Firewall Software – NinjaTrader contacts our license server on application start up for license key validation. If you have a firewall, spyware or other such software running on your PC, please ensure that you grant NinjaTrader permission to access the internet or you may receive an invalid or license expired message.
- Platform Activation for Live Trading – If you registered to use the free simulation version you can skip this step.
- A license key to activate live trading is sent via email within minutes from the time you complete your purchase (check your junk/spam folder if you have not received it)
- Start NinjaTrader, select the menu Help > License Key within the Control Center and enter your license key
- Once the installation is complete, please review the appropriate Connection Guide to establish a connection to your broker or market data feed service provider.
View an important notice for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 Users
The SSL certificate change is no longer compatible with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 since Microsoft has discontinued support for these operating systems. In order to continue using NinjaTrader on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 you must follow the instructions below:
- Download the following file
- Open the file location and right click on the file
- Select 'Install CRL'
- Follow the install wizard with all default settings until the install process has completed