Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Viewing Strategy Executions on the chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Strategy Executions on the chart?

Are executions (if data series is set to plot executions) of a Strategy supposed to be visible on the chart after the Strategy has been disabled?

I thought so but this time I can't find them after disabling and I'm not 100% sure if I could view them or not in the past after disabling.

Are they supposed to visible on other charts of the same instrument as well (while the strategy is running)?

Is there a way to show the executions after I've disabled the strategy if the strategy's chart is not showing them?

From the Strategies tab or a dialog of a Strategy, how can I figure out what chart the Strategy was attached to?

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your post.

Applying a strategy to a chart will cause the chart to show trades that the strategy would have taken since the beginning of the session. Trades on the same instrument not generated by the strategy will not show unless you open a separate chart. Trades placed by the strategy will only be visible on the chart you are running the strategy on. Once the strategy is disabled, any trades placed by the strategy will no longer show on the chart, however, you may find any real-time trades placed by the strategy either in the Trade Performance window or the Executions tab. The Strategies tab will let you know the instrument and data series you were running the strategy on, however, if you have more than one chart of the same data series and time frame, it will not specify which of the two charts the strategy was running on.

Here's a link to our help guide regarding running a strategy on a chart:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/running_a_ninjascript_strategy.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, thanks for the explanation. I understand it better now.

Do you know if it is safe to compile a Strategy when there are instances of it running?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply.

It is fine to compile a strategy when it is running, however, be aware that changes will not take effect until you either remove and re-add the strategy or right click on the chart and choose reload all NinjaScript, which will disable and reenable the strategy.

Comment

When I click close on chart trader, it will stop the Strategy. Could you explain what is going on so I understand it better?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply.

That would be expected if you use the Close algorithm to get out of your position. Running strategies on this account/ instrument combination would then be disabled as well. Basically, the close button will return you to a flat position for that account on that particular instrument, thus it stops your strategy.

Comment

Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Kate
              Applying a strategy to a chart will cause the chart to show trades that the strategy would have taken since the beginning of the session. Trades on the same instrument not generated by the strategy will not show unless you open a separate chart. Trades placed by the strategy will only be visible on the chart you are running the strategy on. Once the strategy is disabled, any trades placed by the strategy will no longer show on the chart, however, you may do my essay today and find any real-time trades placed by the strategy either in the Trade Performance window or the Executions tab. The Strategies tab will let you know the instrument and data series you were running the strategy on, however, if you have more than one chart of the same data series and time frame, it will not specify which of the two charts the strategy was running on.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I had problems with it (ZacharyG helped me in the older thread), however, when I reset the Ninjatrader db, it worked flawlessly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB