Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Editable "custom tag" property for each chart/window (for use with virtual desktops)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editable "custom tag" property for each chart/window (for use with virtual desktops)

Most virtual desktop managers use window titles to define rules that distribute windows among virtual desktops.

As is, NT is very cumbersome to use with virtual desktop managers. Currently, there is no way to uniquely identify each of the multiple charts/windows opened for the same time frame (e.g. multiple 1 min. charts for ES - each has the same window title).

It would be a tremendous help to implement editable "custom tag" property that goes with each chart/window in one of the next NT releases.

Hello betaride,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

not sure if this is part of NT8 but i think it is also needed for screen/window recorders to be able to pick up what window to record properly. using xsplit or OBS you have to go in and select the correct window every time.

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

That is going to be a function of whatever screen recorder you are using.

Thanks for your suggestion.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

does NT8 have the ability to change the name of a window in the title bar? i know you can change tab names in a window.

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

Since NT8 is built on WPF, there will likely be a (as of yet undocumented) way to accomplish this using .NET/WPF, but there is no NinjaScript method or property to do so.
            <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

do you see this being implemented as a feature in NT8?

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

It will be possible in NT8, by use of .NET/WPF.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
                  Hi madLyfe,

It will be possible in NT8, by use of .NET/WPF.
                  ya i want sure how to ask again because I'm not sure how all the begins the scenes stuff works with WPF. so there will be an option in the NT 8 chat settings to change each windows name? or are you saying it will have to be done externally?

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

It will not be a chart option, nor will it have to be done externally. It will hae to be done in code within an indicator, addons, chart style, etc.

As it is a programmatic change, it will be an available functionality to advanced developers who choose to implement this.

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

It will not be a chart option, nor will it have to be done externally. It will hae to be done in code within an indicator, addons, chart style, etc.

As it is a programmatic change, it will be an available functionality to advanced developers who choose to implement this.
                      oh ok, thanks. why not just build it in as an NT 8 option? I'm sure a large percentage of users would use such a feature.

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

I wouldn't expect this to be implemented in NT8, but I have submitted your suggestion to the development team for consideration.

Comment

Hi madLyfe,

I wouldn't expect this to be implemented in NT8, but I have submitted your suggestion to the development team for consideration.
                          thanks for your time Alex!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                          19 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Radano
                          by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                          0 responses