Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja for Oanda Forex, any chance ?

HI Ray and all!
    Is there any chance to have Ninja for Oanda, great forex broker with nice low spreads.
    Thank you for all
    Ninja's fan

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipqueen View Post
      HI Ray and all!
      Is there any chance to have Ninja for Oanda, great forex broker with nice low spreads.
      Thank you for all
      Ninja's fan
      Now THAT would be nice.

Comment

From researching Forex brokers, there seems to be a general consensus that Oanda and IB are among the best.

I'm planning to open a mini acct with FOREX.com while my IB acct. is being set up. But I think Oanda support could really bring in more Forex users to NT as many are looking for an alternative to the MetaTrader platform and its notorious 'Virtual Dealer Plug-In'...

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

-EDIT-
        Scratch the forex.com account. After reading the NFA case document against Gain and countless reviews, I think I'll stick to using Gain simply as a demo account.

The Forex.com demo account is an incredible feaure for learning Forex trading before risking real money. How else can you test your strategies in real-time 24/5? And if you can win with with the Gain spreads and execution your chances are likely to be even better with IB, MB Trading or Oanda.

When it comes to real money though, paying for a real-time license and using NinjaTrader with a more highly regarded NinjaTrader compatible broker should be seriously considered. Five pips on a full forex position is all it takes to pay for a monthly NinjaTrader license. Keep that in mind when choosing a forex broker.

Last edited by Elliott Wave; 03-31-2008, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Great idea. This would be really nice .

Comment

I really hope that ninjatrader will support Oanda as soon as possible!!
            Oanda is really among the best for FX. NT would be a very powerful tool with Oanada. I am opening an account with Oanda and with IB at the moment.

Please hurry with the Oanda support!

Comment

I also hope that NinjaTrader will support Oanda as soon as possible!

Comment

My understanding is that you would have to pay Oanda $600 per month for API access meaning that it woud cost you that much more per month to use NinjaTrader.

Unless my understanding is wrong, you all would be willing to pay that?
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  My understanding is that you would have to pay Oanda $600 per month for API access meaning that it woud cost you that much more per month to use NinjaTrader.

Hi Ray,

There exists a platform through which one can trade an automated strategy without paying to Oanda $600 per month for API access. There is a mention of it in Oanda's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post

If I pay Oanda for their API then it is possible to trade my oanda account trough Ninjatrader? Use any strategy/automated strategy for trading my Oanda account and with Oanada's realtime data?

Actually it woud be nice to have a similar functionallity like with Interactivebrokers. No additional fee to trade my IB account from/trough Ninjatrader...(sorry for my english, I am Hungarian)

Comment

NinjaTrader does not support Oanda at this time.

Comment

interface with oanda api

I understand that Ninjatrader does not "support" Oanda at the moment, but for those us who currently use Oanda's API, is there a good way to have NT communicate with Oanda to place trades, etc?

Comment

Any chance Oanda will be supported in the Beta due for release in 2009??

Almost too good to be true but thought I would ask anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no schedule for Oanda support at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                              Unfortunately there is no schedule for Oanda support at this time.
                              Ah didn't think so.

Thanks for the quick reply.

There would be a huge influx of new people to NT if this was implemented IMHO, Oanda is the the Largest Forex Broker after all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes