Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies tab unrealized and realized columns make no sense

Maybe I am missing something.
    Most of the time the unrealized and realized columns show 0. There seems to be no relation to what is actually happening with a strat. Shouldn't these columns display up to the minute gains/losses for each running strat? That way I can tell if a strat is making or losing money. Digging through the executions and orders to find this info is a bit of a pain.
    Thanks ... Ed

Hi edstaffin,

I am not seeing the same on my end, As we speak, I am running a strategy that is currently in a short position and I am seeing my Unrealized column updating dynamically as expected.

Who are you connecting to? Also, to confirm, your strategy has either put your account into a long or short position or filled a round trip trade, correct?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have 8 strats running simultaneously. Yes, the unrealized column updates dynamically. But the realized doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have several filled targets and stops and yet the realized column remains at 0. I am connecting to continuum.
      Thanks ... Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edstaffin View Post
        I have 8 strats running simultaneously. Yes, the unrealized column updates dynamically. But the realized doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have several filled targets and stops and yet the realized column remains at 0. I am connecting to continuum.
        Thanks ... Ed
        Are your MAE/MFE columns/charts identical?

Comment

Not sure I understand your question fully, but when I open strategy performance window and look at the Avg. MAE and Avg. MFE values, they are in fact the same.
          Does this have anything to do with the Realized column not updating?
          Thanks ... Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edstaffin View Post
            Not sure I understand your question fully, but when I open strategy performance window and look at the Avg. MAE and Avg. MFE values, they are in fact the same.
            Does this have anything to do with the Realized column not updating?
            Thanks ... Ed
            Maybe. But it might be a cascading type issue causing issues further down.

Comment

Strategy Realized column shows 0

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
              Hi edstaffin,

I am not seeing the same on my end, As we speak, I am running a strategy that is currently in a short position and I am seeing my Unrealized column updating dynamically as expected.

Who are you connecting to? Also, to confirm, your strategy has either put your account into a long or short position or filled a round trip trade, correct?
              I am experiencing the exact same problem as described by edstaffin. I don't see any resolution to the issue. Using NT 8.0.0.10, 64 bit. backesting ES 06-14. The strategies are added to the Strategies tab. ( I did not add them to any chart, but rather monitor their orders using chart trader in a chart ). The Unrealized column shows gain/loss for open positions, but the Realized column does not update after the position is closed as it does for NT7.

Comment

Hello Brillo,

So that we can rule out some things that may be happening, do any of the steps in this post address what you are seeing?

If you could also send your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , referencing this unique ticket ID in the body of your e-mail, it will help us investigate what is occurring.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                12 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes