Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visualizing Long chart with Strategy Trades

Hello,

I´m testing my own strategy for buying and selling once a day, with several conditions over 1 minute Time frame. I need a graphic representation of all trades along a year or at least for several months for comparing purposes.

When i use Chart options from the Strategy Analizer i see the trades in one minute Basis, as this is the Time Frame of the strategy, but i can not zoom out or change the Chart Scale.

So, ¿Is there any form of seeing all the trades of the strategy, or every result (Profit/Loss), in a major Timeframe, like M30, M60 or even D1?In this strategy each trade remains open for several hours, so it can be viewed over these major time frames.

Thanks!
    Last edited by robx1; 10-16-2015, 12:57 PM.

Hello robx1,

Thanks for (reposting) here.

In the strategy analyzer chart you will be limited to the timeframe of the bar type so if you ran on 1 minute then the chart will only remain as a 1 minute. You can expand and contract the visual timescale just like in any chart (left mouse click and drag (left/right) in the time scale at the bottom (above the slide bar)). Because it is a 1 minute chart you will be able to compress it only so far. At that point you can then use the slide bar to move along the compressed time line.

You can adjust the scale just like any chart, left mouse click in the price column and drag up or down to change the price scale. Alternatively you can right mouse click on the price scale and select properties and in there set the scale you want.

I realize this is not what you are seeking but wanted to be sure you knew what options there were.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul,

Yes, i know that, but on M1 maximum zoom out just covers for 3 or 4 days and panning over the chart doesn´t help for what i need to do, so i need to visualize the result of the trades in a major time frame or another chart. So, there is no way to change the timescale of the Strategy chart?

I suppose another solution can be introduce some code for plotting on the strategy script over another chart with a bigger timeframe, is this possible? I´ve read some threads about this but the links with examples were down.I´m not a programmer so i need to know more about it for doing it.

Thanks

Comment

Hello robx1,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, the strategy chart is limited to what timeframe is selected. As you can see the instrument and time frame is grayed out and if you right mouse click you cannot select the Dataseries to change it either.

I was going to offer up using a higher time frame but hesitated to because it seems like a lot of effort for visualization. Basically you would add a 1 minute data series to your strategy and then inside of the OnBarUpdate method you would bracket your code with "if (BarsInProgress == 1) { all your existing code }. Which means that the code is only executed when the added dataseries, 1 minute bars in this case, have an OnBarUpdate event. Then you would load strategy and select whatever size bars you want to visualize with understanding that the trades are executed on the unseen 1 minute bars.

If you are not familiar with coding I would not recommend you try this, but it is possible to do.

The references are here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=6652
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul, Now is perfect!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by tony_28217, Today, 07:04 PM