Anybody has successful NT automated strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody has successful NT automated strategy

Hi Just wondering anybody has success in using NT with automated strategy. If yes Would you guys like to share or care to suggest.

Thanks

Looks like nobody has luck using automated strategy and everybody still fishing and probably at one point gonna get tired or lose money and stop!!!! Is that the case!!!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This is a forum for technical support on the platform. You will get responses from our support team on questions you have for using the platform as well as NinjaScript programming. Since this is primary a support forum you will not have readily available information on trading advice here unfortunately. We rely on our 3rd party educators for this information. Please check them out here:

If you have any questions on creating a NinjaScript strategy please let me know!

Happy Trading!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpdon View Post
        Hi Just wondering anybody has success in using NT with automated strategy. If yes Would you guys like to share or care to suggest.

Thanks
        The more important questions are:
        1. Do you have a trading method that you use that has clearly defined rules capable of being coded?
        2. Have you traded this method like an automaton, allowing yourself no room to think, and taking all trades even if they seem to make no sense?
        3. Is the method making money?

If the answers to all those questions are "yes", then someone may agree to code the method for you into a Strategy.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to just give away his/her Strategy for free. It takes way too long to find a method, then to code it, for anyone to expect to get it for free.
        Last edited by koganam; 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM. Reason: Corrected paragraphing

Comment

I am ok with paying the price if method and strategy is right!!! If it works and makes money everyday! Let me know if i can find one of those instead brainstorming myself from begaining

Comment

I am ok with paying the price if method and strategy is right!!! If it works and makes money everyday! Let me know if i can find one of those instead brainstorming myself from begaining
            $25,000 okay?
            Last edited by sledge; 09-22-2011, 06:19 PM. Reason: smileys

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              $25,000 okay?
              Does it make 1 million in day then ye its okay!!!

Comment

... If it works and makes money everyday!
                Emphasis mine.

Do you really mean that? You want a black-box strategy that will have no losses?!

When you find the Holy Grail, let me in on the secret: I would like to drink some Kool-Aid from it.

http://www.mar****racle.co.uk/Article11565.html

But seriously, what would be the incentive to sell you or anyone a system that is guaranteed to make money with no losses, and no work on your part? Do you think that the Hedge Funds would not already have bought it up and let it loose on the market? Oh, that's right, they did: it is called HFT. Do you have a few million lying around that you can use to set up a HFT outfit?

Comment

well not asking everyday overall it makes money then good...

Comment

well not asking everyday overall it makes money then good...
                    I've taken quite a few licks since summer 2008.. been learning every since I had some 'dumb luck'.

but I think I'm onto something these days.

I've been watching every intraday market swing since late 2009?..

I've read many of books too.. only a few were really helpful, but maybe .01% contributed towards my 'system'.

Comment

hey sledge ,

I found something too. very simple and going to test for 15 trading days and see how it works. I willl let you know if i finally found it or not.

Comment

Thanks
                        this is funny. yes I do have a method that does consistently make money with very little DD, however you don't have enough money to buy it. however, if you need a little common sense advise on trading. send me a private msg or email.

Comment

NinjaTrader Automated Strategies Free for demo/sim Trading

Links below for free ninjaTrader strategies

Most certainly there are vendors who offer real systems that work and some offer them free for demo/sim and some of them are open source also :-) we like to try to tip the balance back in your favor for success at trading. We Love NinjaTrader and we love trading with it and creating trading systems and tools for all traders! So here are some free strategies to try obligation free!!!

MicroTrends is unique in the NinjaTrader trading software vendor community.
                          1. We really do trade, we really do design & write and use our own software for day trading & Swing Trading.
                          2. MicroTrends NinjaTrader Trading Indicators & Strategies are 100% FREE unlimited for trading on demo, with no risk, obligation or payment details required:

TRADERS! Trading is hard enough!!! Do not throw your money down the drain on some supposed secret software with cherry picked videos or some other marketing ploy to part you from your cash.

In fact Do not believe anybody. Not even us! Only believe what you see as scientific fact with your own efforts and eyes from your direct handson experience.. you cannot possibly trade something someone gave you - you need to experiment and take a long time to do so... to build faith in the system or to reject it...

Why would you pay for something you do not know will be viable for you. You don't know the risk requirement, style, psychology, or anything until you dive in. Use something professionally designed and tested and traded. Test it yourself for free. Use your first hand direct experience and statistical evidence to understand, If something can suit you, win ratio, expectancy, drawdown, capital, PMD, Risk Reward etc

Take your time. be prepared to spend 3 months to 3 years in test/research phases or more. are you wanting to learn how to trade or be a software consumer reliant on whatever is trending in the current market phase.. systems go in and out of viability. learn the market conditions they work in and why they win and lose... it takes dedication and a whole lot of time... NO WE WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BEST SETTINGS . . that's a myth...dont be lazy! you find what works for you and you will be able to trade it... 1 system that works for me - might scare the hell out of you :-)
                          this is not a 1 size fits all game... so we have a large set of strategies which be tuned and traded separately or in fact combined and consolidated together...

its a long way to the top if you are going to be successful at this consistently. For this reason we provide all our software free for sim and demo mode so you are not penalized for that discovery phase and charged for something you might not be suited to or might not like later on... take your time, be systematic...patient and don't pay for the privilege of that testing phase - save your cash for trading capital.

Free NinjaTrader Indicator & Strategy Downloads
                          Free NinjaTrader Strategies downloads by MicroTrends for NinjaTrader

NOTE: SIM MODE TRADING - This is to show system features not a claim you will achieve this trading results etc...

ALWAYS FREE NinjaTrader Automated Trade Strategy Downloads

Includes the MTDS SDK USAR as traded by me for a hedge fund successfully.
                          Simply install it and compile it.

Please See here for the most powerful evolution of a classic systems ATR Volatility Trailing Stop Ultra High Precision Trend Trading System for NinjaTrader.

Some Tips for how to be successful at automated trading
                          i also wrote this so help people be successful with their automated trading by using a systematic process and some basic excel tools to track it all - i use this methodology when professionally trading.
                          MicroTrends NinjaTrader Approaches and Tools for Automated Trading success

Success is basic:
                          1. Risk Control
                          2. Performance Stats
                          These are interlinked the system rules are irrelevant.. the approach is what counts
                          testing...

automated trading systems for NinjaTrader 100% it free today with a free NinjaTrader platform Demo and trade risk free - obligation free, on the sim/demo trading

Trading With NinjaTrader Strategies for a hedge fund
                          In fact you can read about some of the last years trading- currently i'm fixed on NT8 migration and will be focusing oin my own self directed trading. http://blog.microtrends.co/2016/11/2...ninjatrader-8/

Day trading Futures Coach
                          Incidently we have a day trading expert futures coach in house i will be take lots of notes from soon.. John Matteson who many of you will already know: https://microtrends.co/day-trading-emini-futures-coach/

MicroTrends is here to help please visit us today www.microtrends.co
                          Last edited by MicroTrends; 03-04-2017, 04:26 AM. Reason: image clarificatoin
                          MicroTrends
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
                            patient and don't pay for the privilege of that testing phase - save your cash for trading capital.
                            Thank you MicroTrends for providing Free and very good information to newbie automated trading system developers.

Us newbies need systematic education on how to fully 1. Develop 2. Accurately Back test or Forward test or any other testing method to prove system rubust 3. Review the Performance Analysis 4. Run the system live.

I would like to learn how to properly develop, back test, prove the system will consistently win per my goals, analyze performance of my own trading ideas.

I have trade discretionary for 3 years and I would like to systematic trade.

1. What advice or learning direction do give newbie system developers who want to run automated trading systems using NT7? Book, course, etc. step by step manual.

2. What do you mean by "patient and don't pay for the privilege of that testing phase - save your cash for trading capital. "

Thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
                              Some Tips for how to be successful at automated trading
                              i also wrote this so help people be successful with their automated trading by using a systematic process and some basic excel tools to track it all - i use this methodology when professionally trading.
                              MicroTrends NinjaTrader Approaches and Tools for Automated Trading success

Hello,

Can you please explain the "4. Real-time Paper Trading Testing – real-time Sim trading
                              " http://prnt.sc/eg54se ?

I don't understand "Did we get this far?" part of the attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses