Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehlers Sine Wave

Hi,

After 2 nights of looking at different Ehelers sine waves available out there I decided to write one.
    The problem - Ehlers introduced 2 different sines in two different books (Rocket Science... and Cybernetic Analysis...), so I coded both into one indicator with a parameter for choosing which one to use...
    (I saw another version he used in a slide show, but looks like it had similiar results as the one used in Rocket Science).

For the Rocket Science version I used as a base one of the indicators in Tazatek.com, and also added the Support/Resistance dots of emini-watch.com

NOTE: On both nights I did it while watching the Red Sox (they lost both games ) so high probability to one/two bugs, please let me know (or if you can fix)...

Yuval.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing your work Yuval!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ethler's Sine Wave

Originally posted by yuvalw View Post
      Hi,

After 2 nights of looking at different Ehelers sine waves available out there I decided to write one.
      The problem - Ehlers introduced 2 different sines in two different books (Rocket Science... and Cybernetic Analysis...), so I coded both into one indicator with a parameter for choosing which one to use...
      (I saw another version he used in a slide show, but looks like it had similiar results as the one used in Rocket Science).

For the Rocket Science version I used as a base one of the indicators in Tazatek.com, and also added the Support/Resistance dots of emini-watch.com

NOTE: On both nights I did it while watching the Red Sox (they lost both games ) so high probability to one/two bugs, please let me know (or if you can fix)...

Yuval.
      Thanks for your input. I tried the indicator. However, I believe the colors for the support & resistance are not correct. Could you please revise it if possible and let us know with a corrected version.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by keepdchange View Post
        Thanks for your input. I tried the indicator. However, I believe the colors for the support & resistance are not correct. Could you please revise it if possible and let us know with a corrected version.

Thank you
        keepdchange you can change the color in the section parameters of the indicator.

yuvalw great job, thanks for sharing :-)

Comment

That's right, the colors are configurable though I will change it on the next "version", hope to have some other improvements as well...

Comment

Hi,

Here is newer version of the sine wave.
            Now you can select how you would like to smooth the price when using the "Rocket Science" method, Ehlers uses WMA by default but I found that VWMA works sometimes better for catching the whole trend (on the other hand the exit could be little bit late and other exit strategy should be used).
            Emini-Watch.com is using the JurikJMA, so you can choose that, I don't have Jurik so I didn't test it and have no idea if it works, besides there are the SMA, WMA and HMA.
            Also you can change the period for the smoothing, default is 4, you can use 5-6 to get "longer" cycles.
            Emini-watch.com has quite a lot of info on the ehlers sine wave and looks like he developed good strategy based on it.

Yuval.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              Emini-Watch.com is using the JurikJMA, so you can choose that, I don't have Jurik so I didn't test it and have no idea if it works
              It works fine with Jurik. Thanks for sharing.

You might want to put the Rocket Science settings under Parameters though, otherwise they aren't accessible through strategies...

Comment

I have modified this slightly so it keeps colors between sessions.
                Attached Files

Comment

can you tell me what resistance tools you use with this. your snapshot shows something i havent been able to recreate
                  richard

Comment

Originally posted by trader1512 View Post
                    can you tell me what resistance tools you use with this. your snapshot shows something i havent been able to recreate
                    richard
                    What do you mean by "resistance tools", if I remeber right the snapshot was with "Rocket Science" method and VWMA of 4 bars. But I really don't remeber, I'm still learning how to use this cycle tool...

Comment

where do you set the parameters? other than the support and resistance colors not disappearing between sessions-- can't see a change between this version and an earlier version.

Thanks

ps
                      I see the difference now, the new one is called Sinewave, the old one is Ehlers Sine Wave. My bad.

pps
                      I now can't even get the support/resistance colors to remain.
                      Last edited by ladytrader; 04-25-2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

Hi,

Here is newer version of the sine wave.
                        Now you can select how you would like to smooth the price when using the "Rocket Science" method, Ehlers uses WMA by default but I found that VWMA works sometimes better for catching the whole trend (on the other hand the exit could be little bit late and other exit strategy should be used).
                        Emini-Watch.com is using the JurikJMA, so you can choose that, I don't have Jurik so I didn't test it and have no idea if it works, besides there are the SMA, WMA and HMA.
                        Also you can change the period for the smoothing, default is 4, you can use 5-6 to get "longer" cycles.
                        Emini-watch.com has quite a lot of info on the ehlers sine wave and looks like he developed good strategy based on it.

Yuval.

hello yuval,

i'm testing your indicator and i'm surprise to see that if i use SMA method or wma or hma methode i've got same value for the sinewave ...

i do something wrong or there is a probleme?

Thanks again for the job.

Comment

LadyTrader, what do you mean by "can't even get the support/resistance colors to remain"?

Serval, please note that there are two methods of calculating the sine wave: "CyberneticAnalysis" (the default) and "RocketScience", the method of smoothing the price (i.e SMA, HMA...) is effective only on the "RocketScience" (not the default) method.
                          Second, you will see the changes in the crossing point of the waves, BUT not necessarily in the S/R dots, the dots are not plotted when a cross occurs but only when a cross occurs and the high/low of the previous bar is taken. So many times there could be a difference of several bars in the sine waves crossing depending what smoothing you use, but since the trend continues and the High/Low of the previous bar is not taken the dots will appear on the bars.
                          Pshew...I hope I didn't confused you more than explained...

Comment

LadyTrader, what do you mean by "can't even get the support/resistance colors to remain"?

What I mean is that if I close my chart template with the s/r colors chosen
                            (I use barry taylors defaults white=resistance, red = support) when I reopen it, the colors have reset themselves to transparent.

BTW, I use the "rocketscience" method with WMA period 4 or 5 for smoothing.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Here is version that will keep the colors and the sine method/average method.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes