Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving average slope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distance between ema's

i've looked in the indicators sectionand can't find what i am looking for. Say you have 2 ema's 10 and 20. What i am looking for is an indicator consisting of a line toggling above or below zero, that can tell me the distance between the 2 ema's. any suggestions?
    neal

Comment

You will need to self program it if someone has not shared it already. You can try one of these 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants to make it for you too: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem with Krause Slope

For some reason Krause slope posted on 02/23/2009 at 6:08 AM does not work. NT 7 is not able to open the file, is it possible to re-post the file as I am also looking to identify slope of MA.

Many Thanks.

Comment

403 forbidden

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi, you can check out the 'Krause Slope' posted to our sharing section for this - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&id=37&catid=1

It will retrun you the slope in degress.
          Hi Bertrand,

The link returns 403 forbidden (even if I'm logged in) ... do you have an updated link for this indicator ?

Comment

Hello,

The Krause Slope was developed for NinjaTrader 6.5 ti will not work in NinjaTrader 7. You can find it at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...id=1&linkid=37

Comment

Hi Patrick,

This indicator will not import into NT7. I get an error that I already have a newer EMA and it fails. I then remove my ema and try to re-import and it still fails saying I'm missing an indicator.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello FIG690,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator in the link is not compatible with Ninjatrader 7. I am not aware of a conversion of this indicator to Ninjatrader 7. You may want to review all of the Ninjatrader 7 compatible indicators located here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=4
                Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am trying to build this rising/falling 50 SMA strategy. I cannot get it to work though. In the Condition Builder I choose Misc and then Rising. In the Input Series I can see I have SMA(50). I have nothing in the User Defined Inputs. Do I need to add an input there?

Comment

Hello mximing,

Thanks for your post.

I've created the condition in the strategy wizard and shown the choices to make in the attached picture.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Paul!
                      I have one more question about the wizard. I want the strategy to take the first signal, not start to trade when the markets open. Like when the moving average turns down. How do I do that using the wizard?

Thanks

Comment

Hello mximing,

Thanks for your post.

So currently your strategy is not taking the first signal and it is waiting until the markets open? Do you have conditions that look at time?

Can you define the requirements for "...when the moving average turns down"? A simple test is to use the opposite of the Rising() method and use the Falling() method.

Comment

I am using rising and falling in the code from the wizard.

The strategy closes the open trade at the market close. Then enters into a new trade at 16:00, not when the moving average changes from rising to falling or falling to rising.

I want it to close the trade at the market close, but only enter into a new trade after the market opens again and there is a change in the direction of the MA.

Comment

Hello mximing,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case you would want to create a condition that uses times to trade that you define. Please see the condition builder helpguide section here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...on_builder.htm Note the last section, "How to create time comparisons"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post xiinteractive  
                            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes