Changing a stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a stop

I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it. How do I change a stop order if I inadvertently use one the puts it so far down the DOM window that it can't be seen ? How do I move it ? For instance, the default stop loss is 25 cents. Oops, I wanted it to be 8 cents, but already put the order in. How do I modify that ?

Thanks for any info.

imported post

http://www.ninjatrader.com/doc_super..._Target_Orders

You may need to disable AutoCenter within the right click menu in the SuperDOM.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I know I'm a little late on this one (only 19 months) but my problem relates.

I know how to MODIFY existing stop loss and profit target orders, but how do I submit one AFTER initial entry? I've accidently cancelled my stop loss order which was part of my stop strategy, and now don't know how to attach a new stop to my existing order. Any ideas?

Thanks......

Comment

imported post

The way I add a stop loss to an order that I neglected to put one on, or accidentally deleted, is to put a buy or sell Limit order on the other way, at the same number of ticks above the action as you would put a stop under the action. When a position moves against you, to where your stop would normally be, it will be negated by hitting the limit order instead, and close you out. Then you just delete any remaining stop/target orders that may have been set by the limit order.

It confuses the performance stats a bit, but can put your mind at rest, plus it can save you few ticks compared to if you pressed the CLOSE button or Flatten Everything command.

This is just a band-aid fix - there is probably a professional way to do this that I am not aware of.

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Thanks Antraman, Vince from NT replied and suggests I put a stop limit order on with OCO enabled. That fixed it!

I'd already tried your method but found it just entered me into another trade in the opposite direction. OCO's the go!

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          15 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes