Jumbo Chart Markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumbo Chart Markers

Is there a way to make the new Jumbo Chart markers Non-Jumbo? Can't see any obvious changes in the Drawing API....
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I have also been unable to locate a setting that controls the overall size of these items. I will investigate further to be sure this isn't something I am overlooking, and if not I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider making this a controllable parameter.

I appreciate your feedback.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Drew..... Thanks for the response... I would say this is a defect rather than a Feature Request! The markers used to be normal-sized until the latest version and now they are huge.

Perhaps time to upgrade your Engineering team to 4K screens?

Comment

I agree that the default size of the chart markers are way too BIG and there needs to be a way to control the size through the UI. Also, they don't scale with the chart as they are supposed to!

Comment

Back to some smaller markers please....

Totally agree the new larger chart markers are size overkill...how about a user option to use the older smaller set of markers. This would make sense as those using 2K & 4K monitors could use the larger markers while those using more normally scaled monitors could use the smaller set of markers perhaps.

I was told by Ninja there had been a lot of requests for the larger markers....When Ninja depends on a vote count to make decisions, that is a recipe for guaranteed mediocrity...The bell curve of 40,000 users will always be absolutely governed by the very average "C" students...

And labeling this suggestion for some smaller markers as a "feature request"...everyone knows a "feature request" is usually the kiss of death on an idea....usually never to be heard from again...

All in all NT 8 is looking pretty good though...

Thanks....
          Last edited by Alfred; 04-20-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Hello,
            Thanks for your replies.
            We found that the minimum chart marker size in NinjaTrader 8 was too small. In this update we attempted to resolve this by increasing the minimum size. However, it seems we adjusted the size to be too large. We appreciate your feed back and at this time we are considering options to resolve this.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Agree with Alfred that Ninjatrader 8 is great now! And the support is first-rate. Lets forget about the beta programme! Its ancient history now. ha

As far as the bigger/smaller chart markers.... It would make sense for any software product to first-and-foremost target its compatibility towards modern technologies; while maintaining backward-compatibility for older tech. Its called future-proofing.

It seems that this feature change has gone the opposite way - targeting low resolution displays where users can fit only 50-or-so bars on their chart. Making it incompatible with those who have hundreds of bars visible.

Your engineers need a couple of these each:
              The expansive 43" class Ultra HD Professional Philips display gives you the room to spread out, see the big picture and all the details in 4K Ultra High Definition (four times the resolution of full HD).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                Hello,
                In this update we attempted to resolve this by increasing the minimum size. However, it seems we adjusted the size to be too large.
                What would be ideal is the ability to set the size via object parameters as well as specifying via NinjaScript.

Personally, I wanted them to be even smaller than they were previously.

At the moment, they seem to be cartoonishly large!

Current: http://i.imgur.com/49BuMO8.png

Editing the built-in indicators (those beginning with "@") is NOT recommended, but until the next release, changing line 92 in /DrawingTools/@ChartMarkers.cs gives a much better appearance (for me).

PHP Code:
                public static float MinimumSize get { return 4f; } } // ORGINALLY: 10f 

After the above change: http://i.imgur.com/jcYpwmd.png

It would be AWESOME if this "MinimumSize" was simply exposed in the params and in NinjaScript.
                Last edited by neoikon; 04-20-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Perfect! Changed mine to 6f.
                  It was driving me crazy with the indicator covering multiple price bars!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

You can follow the steps in this forum post to revert the drawing object changes completely if you'd like:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DanielSanMartin