Windows 7 64 bit and Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 64 bit and Ninja Trader

I recently switched brokers from IB to AMP.

Since this switch Ninja Trader has been acting VERY buggy.

Crashes multiple times and even caused my first Windows 7 blue screen of death. I did clean installs multiple times and this didn't help.

For some reason I had no problems with NT and IB connection. When I talked with Ninja support they said there is no support for Windows 7 and even when Ninja Trader version 7 comes out there will be no support until some "future" date. This is scary based on the number of postponements version 7 has had.

Since Vista is essentially an unusable OS and Windows 7 is nearly flawless that means Ninja Trader only supports an 8 year old operating system. This seems pretty unacceptable. Hopefully they will understand the urgency in bringing there software in compliance with the current decade standards.

Hi,

NT 6.5 doesn't support the 64-bit OS. However, it will be supported in V7 which is currently in Beta. See here for all new features and a status update:

For our official comments on Windows 7, please see here:
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is good news. I was basically told sorry, no support, try back later!!!

How can I download NT 7 beta?

Comment

Hi,

V7 is currently only available to a select group of testers.

Check frequently for the link with V7 updates for the current status.

Comment

Hmmmm, would you not be curious to see how version 7 plays with Windows 7?

In other words can I be a part of the "select" testers?

Comment

Unfortunately the list is closed at this time.

You have to keep an eye out on the link I mentioned earlier for all development.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
              Unfortunately the list is closed at this time.

You have to keep an eye out on the link I mentioned earlier for all development.

Ok. "The list is closed" comment was cute at first but now it's cost me money. NT 6.5 is NOT compatible with Windows 7.

Please send me access to the beta or give me the owners number so I can speak to him directly.

This is unacceptable. I'm sure the many traders I work with and chat with on message boards would be surprised to hear about how NT treats its costumers.

Comment

Hello Juice:

NinjaTrader has a controlled process in the release of beta software. This insures we can effectively and efficently resolve items throughout the beta process.

We will start a new round of beta testing shortly and I can likely have the last release sent to you as well. Please email salesatninjatraderdotcom with your request and include "for John" in the subject.

Please be aware that we do not recommend using NT7 beta for live trading. If you trade live with NT7 beta it is at your own risk. We also ask that you do not distribute the download link as we need to maintain a known and controlled beta user group.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
                  Ok. "The list is closed" comment was cute at first but now it's cost me money. NT 6.5 is NOT compatible with Windows 7.

Please send me access to the beta or give me the owners number so I can speak to him directly.

This is unacceptable. I'm sure the many traders I work with and chat with on message boards would be surprised to hear about how NT treats its costumers.
                  NT 6.5 works perfectly under Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                    NT 6.5 works perfectly under Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit
                    Making a definitive comment like that is foolish.

If you have tested NT 6.5 with all available brokers and data feeds before you made that comment then I apologize for calling you foolish.

NT 6.5 worked fine with IB. Since I switched to Amp it has been crashing anytime I change any options.

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
                      Making a definitive comment like that is foolish.

If you have tested NT 6.5 with all available brokers and data feeds before you made that comment then I apologize for calling you foolish.

NT 6.5 worked fine with IB. Since I switched to Amp it has been crashing anytime I change any options.
                      My broker is AMP - never had a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                        Hello Juice:

NinjaTrader has a controlled process in the release of beta software. This insures we can effectively and efficently resolve items throughout the beta process.

We will start a new round of beta testing shortly and I can likely have the last release sent to you as well. Please email salesatninjatraderdotcom with your request and include "for John" in the subject.

Please be aware that we do not recommend using NT7 beta for live trading. If you trade live with NT7 beta it is at your own risk. We also ask that you do not distribute the download link as we need to maintain a known and controlled beta user group.

Sincerely,

John
                        Hi John,

I still haven't received an response from the e-mail I sent.

Comment

Alex,

We've revceived your email and will send out the email with NT 7 Beta details to you this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                            Alex,

We've revceived your email and will send out the email with NT 7 Beta details to you this morning.
                            Thank you!!!!

Comment

When I try to connect to Zen Fire I get a message saying that Zen Fire does not support 64 bit version!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post BarzTrading  
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH