SImulated Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SImulated Stop Loss

How can I put a Simulated Stop Loss at the time I already have a open position?

Hi Juliano,

Please see a post here that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.

You can enable simulated orders through the right click context menu in any order entry window. More information on simulated orders is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, Thanks

But I want to place a Simulated Stop Loss, to be sure this order is not going to the broker

Comment

Great, did you read through my previous post for references on help with this? Any specific questions or issues?

Comment

Yes. My broker is Interactive Broker. I want to place a simulated stop loss on the chart trader, but I dont want to send this stop loss to my broker.

Comment

Right click in the chart trader area > check Simulated Order. This may help from the chart trader section of help guide:

Simulated Stop Orders (Simulated Order)
            To submit a simulated stop order (entry and exit NOT stop loss; simulated stop loss orders are enabled via a stop strategy), you must enable simulated order mode via the right mouse click menu and selecting the Simulated Order menu item, or use the shortcut key CTRL+A. All stop orders placed while this indicator is lit will be submitted as a simulated stop order.

One of the powerful features of simulated stop orders is that you can submit a "negative limit stop limit" order. This means that you can place an order where the limit price is better than the stop price. As an example, you may want to buy on strength indicated by a move up to a particular price. Once that occurs, you want to enter at a better price using a limit order several ticks below (if you are buying) the stop price. Any stop limit order submitted with a negative limit offset is automatically a simulated order and will be held on your PC until the stop is triggered or cancelled.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-11-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            19 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Radano
            by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
            0 responses