Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Price Target (target 1/2/3) and StopLoss Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Target (target 1/2/3) and StopLoss Indicator

Hi guys,

I'm from India and I have been using Ninja trader for past 1 year. I have few indicator incorporated on my charts which helps me to enter in a trade (buy or sell), however, one important thing missing is the TARGET PRICE AND STOP LOSS indicator.

I have seen few posts which indicates some calculation like
    TARGET = ATR(14)*2 or similar . Will anybody help me out?

Looking for an answer! Thanks!

Welcome to our forums here - have you looked already through our sharing section where users post custom developed scripts? There's an ATR trailing indicator for example that could be likely modified to suit your needs - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...rch=ATR&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Bertrand,

Yes, I did some research in finding some pre-built indicator for Target and Stoploss, however, couldn't find any.

Would appreciate if you could help me out finding the one!

Comment

Originally posted by to_ankit View Post
        Dear Bertrand,

Yes, I did some research in finding some pre-built indicator for Target and Stoploss, however, couldn't find any.

Would appreciate if you could help me out finding the one!
        The ATR Trailing stop one would be for example one you can check out.

Comment

Pls post the link

Comment

Please click on my link shared in post 2 - the ATR trailing indicator is then found under the 2nd entry in the list you would see.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

But ATR trailing SL indicator shows only stoploss... Is there any indicator which can show the target price based on ATR(14) (lets say for last 20 candle).

Comment

You're welcome - I would not be aware of an indicator specifically designed for ATR profit targets shared, you can though use the one provided as starting point for your own works. Another might be looking into Bollinger Bands or Keltner Channels - these studies can help giving your targets as well, Keltner Channels would be based on the ATR, so a multiple of that figure would be added to an Moving Average to arrive at an upper range estimate.

Comment

For primary targets I use a modified Keltner Channel. Take a look at the 36 period Keltner Channel using a factor of 3 times the 36 period ATR.

I imagine someone could code that as a hard exit if that is what you like.

Comment

Hello Wldman,

Can you pls share the Keltner channel indicator that you use for Profit Tgts?

Will be a gr8 help!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sure.

The specific indie I use for that is available at another website. I am not sure If I am allowed by NT to post it here or if I'm allowed by the author to share it.

But, it is a straight forward Keltner Channel with the settings referenced earlier.

For some reason I can not log in to NT right now to grab some pics...but I will post those for you with an explanation of my typical use. DB

Comment

here are the nt settings for the 2 instances of anakeltnerchannel that I use on this method to target exits.

You can see those on the chart as the blue-ish dashed line and the grey dotted line.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

One way you could use this is demonstrated here.

Where the green arrows designate long entry and the blue boxes show potential exits at the modified keltner. The 2nd and 3rd example show what could be a primary at the inner band and a secondary exit at the outer band.

Is that what you are asking?

Comment

Hi Wldman,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'm really a non-technical guy. I just need an indicator which tells me the target 1 and target 2 whenever a buy or sell signal generated. I use "SuperTrend V2.4" for buy and sell signal and this indicator tells me the SL and trailing SL but not the targets.

If this is what you are referring to, then YES I'm looking for it.

Can you pls post the indicator so that I can test the results?

Thanks again !

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I can post Amibroker indicator here or not.

But regarding my Profit target indicator, I have Amibroker (AFL code) indicator which is used for profit 1 & 2.

Can anyone help me here to convert AFL code to NinjaCode? If yes, pls let me know. I'm seeking a sincere help here.

Thanks & Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post rtwave
                            by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                            5 responses