Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Block trade volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block trade volume

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to NT and completely out of my depth with indicator scripting so I am wondering if there is a kindly soul out there who might be interested in my thoughts below for a simple volume indicator and have a go at scripting it?

I am interested in filtering volume for block trades (with a user-definable block-size parameter). The logic being that size moves the market and small lots are essentially just noise.
    I am not convinced that discriminating between hitting bid or ask would be of great value since in a key reversal bar springing at ice for example, initial blocks would be being hit at the bid as retail/specs are selling in anticipation of a break-down and then as the CM reverses the market and prices start to mark up blocks will be hit on the ask as shorts are covered - all in one bar.
    While it would be fine for the indicator to be placed in it's own pane, the option to overlay the value (as a coloured portion) on the standard volume histogram would be nice and save space.
    I get the impression there might be the issue of data loss/restart each time the indicator is adjusted as per the 'BuySell' series of indicators as a consequence of deriving the input data from Time and Sales, or has this issue now been resolved?

Here's hoping - with fingers crossed!

David

Sisyphus,

You could discuss with a NinjaScript consultant, however hopefully someone else can help here.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes