NT7: Three Line Break, how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7: Three Line Break, how to?

Can't seem to get Three Line Break charts in NT7 wondering if anyone can help.

Choose data series,
    Type: LineBreak
    Base Period: Minute
    Period Value: 1
    Line Breaks: 3

No chart... what am I doing wrong? Thanks
    Last edited by tradinghumble; 11-14-2009, 05:16 PM.

Are you able to get a 1 minute chart for the instrument you are trying to open a line break chart for?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Are you able to get a 1 minute chart for the instrument you are trying to open a line break chart for?
      Yes, I can get tick, minutes, daily but no threeline break.. provider eSignal
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tradinghumble; 11-14-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Someone will follow up tomorrow.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray - another thing... comparing the 3pb chart from esignal and Ninja using 5-minute bars... the Ninja chart doesn't look right to me, my apologies if I'm comparing apples and oranges... both screenshots attached.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Someone will follow up tomorrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the shots, are you sure both use the same session definitions? Ours would be reset at session breaks...
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand -- time session is 24/7 in both.. for example, just saw a 3pb chart in NT right now (9:46am EST) and it shows gaps and eSignal doesn't. Not sure why there are gaps in this type of chart. attached.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Thanks for the shots, are you sure both use the same session definitions? Ours would be reset at session breaks...
              Attached Files

Comment

Bertrand, additional information here... when looking at the 3lb in "strategy results" it shows ok... using bars, no Candles... screenshot attached.

Originally posted by tradinghumble View Post
                Bertrand -- time session is 24/7 in both.. for example, just saw a 3pb chart in NT right now (9:46am EST) and it shows gaps and eSignal doesn't. Not sure why there are gaps in this type of chart. attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Incomplete data

Experienced a windows update over the weekend... disabled windows and norton security NOW unable to get Ninja to completely populate data on my screens.. what to do ??

Comment

Thanks tradinghumble, will check into and compare to eSignal and SA charts.

Any errors you see in the log tab bluewater? Or is it just not populating? Also is this on the latest 7.0.0.4 beta release? Which broker or datafeed are you using? For which symbol(s)? Thanks

Comment

tradinghumble, I could not reproduce here on my end - are you sure this is on the latest 7.0.0.4 beta release, we addressed issues in this charttype, so please check you're on the latest. Thanks

Comment

Bertrand -- using 7.0.0.4 and tried using backfill of both eSignal and IB... attached results... seeing lots of gaps on NT charts (5-minute) bars.

Attached version #, eSignal 3pb chart and NT chart.

tradinghumble, I could not reproduce here on my end - are you sure this is on the latest 7.0.0.4 beta release, we addressed issues in this charttype, so please check you're on the latest. Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tradinghumble; 11-16-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Bertrand -- was able to reproduce a few errors on my end.

#1 - If you have NinjaTrader 6.5 previously installed (or previous beta versions) your ThreeLine break charts will be wrong. I have tried uninstalling NT 6.5 and the problem still persists... now, not sure if it's related to previous betas or NT 6.5 but the problem is there, you get bar gaps on the ThreeLine break charts (NT 7.0).

#2 - I've noticed that when creating a new Account connection in NT 7.0 and you choose Interactive Brokers, it will give you the selection (on the bottom) to choose "MB Trading Servers" intead of "Interactive Brokers Servers" which is wrong.

Originally posted by tradinghumble View Post
                          Bertrand -- using 7.0.0.4 and tried using backfill of both eSignal and IB... attached results... seeing lots of gaps on NT charts (5-minute) bars.

Attached version #, eSignal 3pb chart and NT chart.

Comment

This is most likely related to having installed the new beta version completely clean, which would mean starting out with a fresh MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 7 folder, so this would be my suggestion to resolve those issues, as I for example could also not reproduce the MBTrading server entry when setting up the IB account connection - on my end this is being tested on a clean 7.0.0.4 install.

So please uninstall NinjaTrader 7, delete the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 7 folder and then reinstall fresh from the link we sent out.

Then resetup the eSignal account connection and retry the TLB charts.

Thanks

Comment

Bertrand -- just installed NT7 on a machine that has never seen NT7 before, same issue

Tried on another machine, uninstalled NT7, deleted MyDocuments >ninjaTrader 7 folder , same issue...

something in the GAC perhaps?

This is most likely related to having installed the new beta version completely clean, which would mean starting out with a fresh MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 7 folder, so this would be my suggestion to resolve those issues, as I for example could also not reproduce the MBTrading server entry when setting up the IB account connection - on my end this is being tested on a clean 7.0.0.4 install.

So please uninstall NinjaTrader 7, delete the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 7 folder and then reinstall fresh from the link we sent out.

Then resetup the eSignal account connection and retry the TLB charts.

Thanks
                              Last edited by tradinghumble; 11-17-2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              20 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mizzouman1