Error message when opening a position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when opening a position

Since today, whenever I open a position, NT gives me a bunch of error messages all starting with: 'Failed to execute DB job 'StrategyUpdataJob....'. When profit target is hit, the same error messages show up again.

Already reinstalled NT. Reloaded data base of last week. Does not help.

I have to admit that NT starts to grow me mad, because every week a new strange thing happens! Do you have an idea what causes this behavior?

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

What do you mean with 'reloaded the database'? Have you tried repairing your database? If not, please follow these instructions:
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Vincent,

thanks for your answer. Repairing database did not work. So I uninstalled NT, renamed the NinjaTrader6.5 directory under own directories. Then I completely reinstalled NT 6.5.1000.7. Afterwards I restored the backup from last week, when the error did not occur.

Actually, I have never had this error message before, it first showed up today, but now I cannot get rid of it.

Comment

Just tried to repair DB. When popup showed "Verifying stored executions..." I got another error message "NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. "

Comment

Hi Harry,

Please send a note to support and refer to this post. We will send you instructions to rename your database then.

Comment

The problem only occurs for those instruments with prior executions for the same day. I only can guess what happens

(1) After reinstallation of NT and restore of backup everything is clean.

(2) When connecting to TWS NinjaTrader imports executions of today into its database. These can be seen under control center -> executions, all of them shown with the time, when first connecting to TWS.

(3) When an order is executed for one of the instruments with prior executions (in my case it only was ES 12-08) the error occurs.

It seems that the execution data imported from TWS caused the error. Somehow database structure of imported executions is incompatible with database structure of new executions performed by NT.

This is NT 6.5.1000.7 with TWS 887.2. Is there any way to stop NT importing those old executions from TWS?

Comment

Harry,

There is currently no way to stop this. I have passed it on to development for further analysis.

Comment

You'll need to delete the file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/log/Executions.txt.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                2 responses
                1 like
                Last Post BarzTrading  
                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH