Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Back-test multiple strategies simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back-test multiple strategies simultaneously?

Is there a way to test more than one strategy on a single instrument simultaneously or in a way that let's me see if two strategies step on each other?

user,

If you run two strategies on the same account and same instrument, you will most likely get account position vs. strategy position syncing issues. The easiest way to do this is to test on 2 different accounts. If you are using sim accounts, you can go to Tools > Options > Simulator and create a second sim account.

If its a live account, I would recommend opening a second account for this purpose.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info. I actually WANT to identify any syncing issues. In other words, I'm trying to identify if two strategies run simultaneously on the same instrument "step" on each other. So if I CAN backtest two strategies on the same instrument at the same time, please let me know how to do it. Thanks..

Comment

user,

The only way to do this would be through market replay or in walk forward testing. If you want to conduct the experiment, just let the two strategies run on the same account and same instrument.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I am looking to test 2 seperate systems as well. I cant select the other sim acount in the DOM so in order to test 2 different strategies....
          IS there a way to do this?

Comment

Hello,

Are you on a simulation license which is why you cannot select the other account? To select the other account would require a live license even though you are switching to another simulation account.

Please contact sales at ninjatrader dot com to get more information on signing up for NT if you need to use the multiple sim accounts to test multiple strategies.

-Brett

Comment

I have a full lifetime license..and the account portion is greyed out.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for clarification.

Got it, in this case go to control center-> uncheck global simulation mode.

You would now be able to change the account selection to another Sim account you create via control center->tools->options->simulator tab->accounts button.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jclose
                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                10 responses