Can not import indicator LabelHorzLineAlerts.zip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not import indicator LabelHorzLineAlerts.zip

I am using NT 7.0.0.17 (also Windows 7), when I try to import the indicator LavelHorzLineAlerts, I get the message Accessibility, System.configuration have to be added to use the products in the imported assembly.

Next, I get "import failed message". The NinjaScript archive file may contain duplicate names, or there is a required file missing either on your pc or there is a require file missing on your pc or import archive.

The below are steps provided by indicator creator on what to do next after importing the indicator in order to edit it, but I am not able to import it to get to that step.

The only other thought I have is that I have previously imported an indicator called LabelHorzLine, don't know if that is causing the problem and if so how do I remove that indicator and use this one?

I also deleted this indicator and tried to re-import the new one and still have the same problem.

Quote:

Quote:
    Quoting nutz505:
    Step 1. Edit the indicator
    Step 2. Right Click in editor Panel and select references
    Step 3. Click on Add..
    Step 4. Select Accessibility.dll most likely it will be in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 directory
    Step 5. Repeat Steps 3 & 4 for System.Configuration.dll

The above path is what I used on my machine which is installed with Windows 7 x64 so the path may be different on your machine so just search for the dlls.

If you need a screenshot let me know it was giving me issues attaching a file
    Attached Files
    Last edited by islandwizard; 06-25-2010, 04:15 PM.

islandwizard,

You will need to go to the original author and inquiry on how to install these indicators properly. To get to editing an indicator you can just go to Tools>Edit NinjaScript and open any file (doesn't have to be these indicators) to add references. Perhaps if you did that on any indicator/strategy file with the required references you will then be able to compile and then import afterwards.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I go to Tools, Edit NinjaScript, and it then has options for Indicator or Strategy. I don't see any option for "open any file", maybe that could be added on your next beta update?

You can click for example Indicator, but it just allows you to edit indicators that have already been imported, which I am not able to do. Did you make a change with .17, that does not allow importation of indicators with external references?

Also, I attached the indicator which is in your free indicator section for NT 7, called LabelHorzLineAlerts.zip, if you want to see if you are getting the same error message as myself.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      islandwizard,

You will need to go to the original author and inquiry on how to install these indicators properly. To get to editing an indicator you can just go to Tools>Edit NinjaScript and open any file (doesn't have to be these indicators) to add references. Perhaps if you did that on any indicator/strategy file with the required references you will then be able to compile and then import afterwards.
      Last edited by islandwizard; 06-25-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

What I mean is go to either indicators or strategies and select any of the files you see in there to open.

There has been no change in this regard since NT6.

Comment

Yes, but I am in a catch 22, I can not import the indicator, so it does not show up there for me to edit. Again, don't know if this would be fixed if you had the option you suggested of opening any file. Were you able to import the file?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          What I mean is go to either indicators or strategies and select any of the files you see in there to open.

There has been no change in this regard since NT6.

Comment

I also don't know why NinjaTrader does not have something like this built in by default and not as an indicator to be able to set an audio alert for a horizontal line and show the price as a label for that line on the chart since every other major trading package has this ability. Seems pretty simple, since some people are able to do this as an indicator. Maybe you can just add that ability to your next beta update especially for paying customers like myself!

Originally posted by islandwizard View Post
            Yes, but I am in a catch 22, I can not import the indicator, so it does not show up there for me to edit. Again, don't know if this would be fixed if you had the option you suggested of opening any file. Were you able to import the file?

Comment

The programmer has replied how I may be able to get out my catch 22, so I am going to try this after I take a break.

"Sometimes it is necessary to do this by hand.
              See this post http://www.bigmiketrading.com/41375-post140.html

Go to Control Center Click on Tools > New Ninja Script. Name it what is listed in the .cs file

Click generate. Nothing else matters if you are pasting. Select all and delete. Then paste in the .cs file from note pad. You are basically fooling NT at this point and not using the Wizard other than to create a shell."

Originally posted by islandwizard View Post

Comment

islandwizard,

We do not condone such methods and it can have adverse effects in further causing a non-compilable NinjaScript assembly if you do not know what you are doing. Please use with caution.

Comment

Here are the steps to correctly import the NinjaScript Archive
                  Step 1. Edit any existing indicator I used ATR (Don't make any changes to the code for the indicator)
                  Step 2. Right Click on editor Panel and select references
                  Step 3. Click on Add..
                  Step 4. Select Accessibility.dll most likely it will be in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 directory
                  Step 5. Repeat Steps 3 & 4 for System.Configuration.dll
                  Step 6. Click OK to close the references dialog box
                  Step 7. Close the indicator
                  Step 8. Import the NinjaScript Archive and it should work

The above path is what I used on my machine which is installed with Windows 7 x64 & Windows XP so the path may be different on your machine so just search for the dlls.

Thanks
                  Rich

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, 05-04-2024, 02:37 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by MGHORBEL, Today, 02:28 AM
                  1 response