|01-13-2011, 10:58 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
illogical and buggy strategy working
I want to draw serious attention of NT developers how illogical strategy startup work. Problems I see are folowing:
1. if you define new strategy in Control Center->Strategies tab you can Enable that strategy, but it appears to be no way to associate it with some chart.
Context: I have custom built strategy with lots of parameters and I need to define different parameter sets for different symbols, execution time, etc. That means I have StrategyESday, StrategyXnight or whatever defined. Now I desire to start those strategies and see on chart how they perform. If I create new chart and open Strategies dialog on it, there are no my earlier pre-defined strategies in a selection list. That means I have to add new uncustomized strategy to chart, then go to Strategies tab in Control Center, customize it and enable it. Why to complicate things so much and waste time?! Easier option is just to select predefined strategy from list and you are done. Also this way strategy will keep asociated precious trade history.
2. Next problem is that if you asociate strategy via earlier described process you loose that customized strategy (disappears from strategies tab) and it's trade history as soon as you close chart window! Common guys, this is simply ridiculous.
3. If you exit NT that had chart opened with asociated strategy and launch NT again, strategy on chart no longer work, you have to remove it from chart, and repeat lenghty new strategy definition process, not to mention lost trade history and fine tuned parameters.
I think all of this clearly shows that we need:
- ability to select predefined strategies from list on Chart's Strategies dialog;
- make predefined strategy permanent unless it is explicitly deleted.
- automatic launch of new asociated chart upon strategy start from Control Center would be nice touch, this could be configurable.
P.S. Positions tab, PnL still shows local currency sign. This is a bug, unless you allow to select user if he wants to convert Symbol's currency to local currency in Options.
I expect my point of of view is clearly defined and will find it's support among many traders what will lead to desired changes.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|NinjaScript Buggy and Inacurate. Please Help !!!||Obi||Indicator Development||7||02-16-2009 09:14 AM|
|NinjaScript Buggy and Inacurate. Please Help !!!||Obi||Miscellaneous Support||1||02-15-2009 08:59 AM|
|Workspaces buggy...||funk101||Historical NinjaTrader 6.5 Beta Threads||1||11-24-2007 01:49 PM|
|Control center interface buggy...||funk101||Miscellaneous Support||5||10-21-2007 04:14 AM|
|BUG: Manually entering executions is buggy in NT6||Joel Reymont||Suggestions And Feedback||9||01-06-2007 08:19 AM|