NT8 B7 Drawing Objects Offset from desired Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B7 Drawing Objects Offset from desired Placement

Having upgraded to Beta 7 I find that when placing drawing objects on a chart they offset about 1/4" above where I place my beginning point/cursor. In other words if I wish to draw a horizontal line on my chart at a daily high and place my cursor at that daily high the horizontal line will actually be place about a 1/4" above that desired location. It makes for an extra step: I have to draw the object and then move it to where I originally desired it to be. The same when re-selecting the line: If I put the cursor on the line it won't select it, I have to place the cursor a 1/4" below the object to select it.

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this issue with us. I have not seen this one personally, as yet. Do you find that this happens with all drawing tools, or only a select few? Does it happen on all chart, even those with no templates or NinjaScipt scripts applied? When you upgraded to Beta 7, did you delete or rename your Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder as well? I would suggest trying this last point as a start.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

"When you upgraded to Beta 7, did you delete or rename your Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder as well? I would suggest trying this last point as a start."

I deleted the folder now NT8 doesn't even start. Perhaps I'm missing a step. Keep in mind that I do not have a sophisticated knowledge of computers or programming. Please don't make any assumptions in your instructions.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
        When you upgraded to Beta 7, did you delete or rename your Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder as well?
        Now that you have deleted your Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder, please try the steps below:

• Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via the Windows Control Panel
        • Download NinjaTrader 8 Beta 7 fresh from our website
        • Run the installer

This process will replace all custom settings, scripts, and other items with a fresh copy, which may do the trick for you. If you have not yet cleared your Recycle Bin, you may want to pull your old NinjaTrader 8 folder out of there and simply rename it, so that you can pull out anything you might need from there in the future (templates, NinjaScript files, connection settings, etc.).

Comment

Now that you have deleted your Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder, please try the steps below:

• Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via the Windows Control Panel
          • Download NinjaTrader 8 Beta 7 fresh from our website
          • Run the installer

This process will replace all custom settings, scripts, and other items with a fresh copy, which may do the trick for you. If you have not yet cleared your Recycle Bin, you may want to pull your old NinjaTrader 8 folder out of there and simply rename it, so that you can pull out anything you might need from there in the future (templates, NinjaScript files, connection settings, etc.).
          I did an uninstall and reinstall, then a restore and the problem persists. I have six NT charts on a 24" monitor. I notice that when I maximize any of the charts.ir incorporates the background around its edges and that the instrument name in the upper left corner is cut off the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirsqard View Post
            I did an uninstall and reinstall, then a restore and the problem persists. I have six NT charts on a 24" monitor. I notice that when I maximize any of the charts.ir incorporates the background around its edges and that the instrument name in the upper left corner is cut off the chart.
            I believe the placement offset of the drawobjects (first clicked point) to be related to this issue..

As it seems to only happen for me when the chart is maximized, and the chart is also not on the main monitor.. It seems the drawobjects (first clicked point) are offset by the same distance as the bottom boarder gap.. Just my thoughts and observations..

-=Edge=-
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
              I believe the placement offset of the drawobjects (first clicked point) to be related to this issue..

As it seems to only happen for me when the chart is maximized, and the chart is also not on the main monitor.. It seems the drawobjects (first clicked point) are offset by the same distance as the bottom boarder gap.. Just my thoughts and observations..

Thank you for the heads up; yes, this appears to be the same issue I am experiencing. I am using Windows 10.

Comment

Thanks guys -- I'm on the case, and I will be using this new information (plus additional info from Edge) to try to reproduce this once more, and I will post back here with an update as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post

As Edge has delineated, the offset only occurs when a chart is maximized, which I hadn't noticed before. The chart behave as expected when the chart is not maximized. As to whether the issue doesn't occur on the main monitor or does, I didn't test that. But my NT charts are not on the my main monitor for what the information is worth.

I've uploaded a picture of a maximized chart: notice that the bottom and right edges are offset and incorporate background imagery into those spaces, most noticeable as the dark grey strips at the bottom right corner.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,

I can now reproduce both issues on my end (the background bleedthrough and drawing object offset), and I imagine they are both related to the chart canvas being skewed a bit within the chart window itself when maximized in Windows 10. Thank you for your help along the way -- I will report this to our team, and post back here with any updates. (NTEIGHT-9166)
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 12-11-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I can now reproduce both issues on my end (the background bleedthrough and drawing object offset), and I imagine they are both related to the chart canvas being skewed a bit within the chart window itself when maximized in Windows 10. Thank you for your help along the way -- I will report this to our team, and post back here with any updates. (NTEIGHT-9166)
                      Thanks for the update Dave, but just wanted to make sure you knew this is not a Win10 only issue.. as I'm still on Win7.. not sure the operating system matters here as much as the usage of an extended desktop..

-=Edge=-
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thank you -- I can confirm that. After I submitted my original report, I saw that there is actually already a new report on this issue (I updated the NTEIGHT number on this thread), and that report is not OS specific.

Comment

Hi Guys,

After investigating this issue further, it appears that we are looking at a known issue with Agile.NET protection, for which there is not a fix at this time. We are keeping our eyes open for upcoming fixes that we can implement, and are continuing to track the impact that this issue has on our users.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                          2 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post BarzTrading  
                          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                          3 responses