Collapse

NT 8 freezes / write errors / other errors with multiple single symbol charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also experiencing similar slowness and "not enough quota" exceptions. NT Support any clues/fixes in the works?

Comment

This may be resolved by increasing their virtual paging. To check virtual paging visit the link I have provided below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        This may be resolved by increasing their virtual paging. To check virtual paging visit the link I have provided below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx
        Thanks Christopher,

This is not an issue for my system. This issue showed up in an earlier BETA (Beta1 or 2 I think). There was an internal issue that caused the problem which was corrected in a subsequent BETA (looks like BETA5). Something in the CORE may have reverted back or been re-introduced.

For me, I run Tick Replay all the time, so not sure if it is rendering with Tick Replay.

EDIT: Links to Not Enough Quota:

Last edited by NJA_MC; 02-05-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Agreed- I tried increasing my paging size (even though I have 16gb RAM and most of it free) and it doesn't solve the issue. Something else is going on in the software as the problem is replicatable.

Someone from NT should really be taking the time to look at the issues raised in this thread as they are all related to the core platform stability (or lack thereof).
          Last edited by ShaneAU; 02-05-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Another Intermittent Freeze Report

Just adding additional related links on the Intermittent Freezing.

Comment

Shane,

Have you heard anything back about your Freeze test from support? I am concerned, this is a big problem for me and it needs attention. I can't add multiple copies of indicators to charts as you have described without it freezing sooner or later.

Comment

Hey NJA_MC,

No I haven't heard anything... Several posts in here asking for an update but no replies.

Normally I have great things to say about NT support, but in this instance they have really let themselves down. As you say, major issues going on re this and nothing but a stone wall.

EDIT: None of the issues are a 5 minute task to investigate, my concern, given that this thread has been active more than a month with no meaningful NT replies, is that the staff are putting it in the 'to hard' basket (despite my posting clear steps to replicate, which to my knowledge has never been verified by NT).

I am holding a hope that somehow the info has got through to development and it's just a lack of communication we are experiencing, but if that's the case I would really like to see the tracking numbers posted as we've requested.

Cheers,
                Shane
                Last edited by ShaneAU; 02-16-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Me too,

This one looks like a long term show stopper for me.

My UI just froze again on the Chart, but seems like the activity level has gone up and the chart is now behind time. I really think this is a Dead Lock as the system is now probably stuck in a loop waiting for the lock to release and slowing the chart down. It seems to only freeze the chart that it "occurred" and any tabs associated. My other chart seems to be responding okay (no indicators loaded and different instrument).
                  Last edited by NJA_MC; 02-16-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
                    Hey NJA_MC,

No I haven't heard anything... Several posts in here asking for an update but no replies.

Normally I have great things to say about NT support, but in this instance they have really let themselves down. As you say, major issues going on re this and nothing but a stone wall.

EDIT: None of the issues are a 5 minute task to investigate, my concern, given that this thread has been active more than a month with no meaningful NT replies, is that the staff are putting it in the 'to hard' basket.

I am holding a hope that somehow the info has got through to development and it's just a lack of communication we are experiencing, but if that's the case I would really like to see the tracking numbers posted as we've requested.

Cheers,
                    Shane
                    Hi ShaneAU,

We have a list of issues that you sent that our QA team is aware of and has been testing, but unfortunately have not been able to reproduce based off the information you provided. We are working through those test cases to see if there is anything we can identify to help our teams reproduce these issues.

Just to be clear, we are aware they may be something in the core that is causing the amount of memory to be consumed which would throw this error from the run time, but it is proving very difficult to reproduce in our dev environments in order to fully analyze. If there are some simplified workspaces and indicators you can reproduce 100% the time, we'll be happy to look at those test cases. In you cannot simplify the issue any further than the test cases you provided, we'll continue to work through them to see if we can get to the bottom of those. I appreciate you staying on top of this issue.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes...

Thank you NJ_AMC for this post of yours...
                      I do confimr I have the same freezing issue with NT8.

I do not wanna be ironic or agressive in any way, but more than a beta version this NT8 version is an alpha one.
                      To be clear, is "easy" to see that a great effort has been done by NT in this new software release, but the platform is too unstable yet.

I do think I know what I am telling you 100%.

I do repeat, no aggressive things in here, just facts.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Re the freezing, I can replicate 100% of time on all 3 of my PC's in the steps from the PDF I posted, but I do not know what tips it over the edge between not freezing and freezing...

Although I have noticed that when I use my current workspace (which I have removed as many indicators as I can from) and with 4 tabs (5 windows x 4 tabs) NT will freeze after a short while, but if I go down to 3 tabs (5 windows x3 tabs) then it appears to not freeze... or more specifically, it hasn't frozen yet - as shortly after discovering that I threw my toys out of the cot and decided to wait until B9 until using NT8 again

If you'd like copies of the 4 tab workspace that freezes and the 3 tab which doesn't appear to, I can send them. But they do have a custom code indicator (which I am happy to send), although as I can replicate this issue with the CCI and other indicators I don't believe that is playing any role in the issue.

Cheers,
                        Shane

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
                          Hi Matthew,

Re the freezing, I can replicate 100% of time on all 3 of my PC's in the steps from the PDF I posted, but I do not know what tips it over the edge between not freezing and freezing...

Although I have noticed that when I use my current workspace (which I have removed as many indicators as I can from) and with 4 tabs (5 windows x 4 tabs) NT will freeze after a short while, but if I go down to 3 tabs (5 windows x3 tabs) then it appears to not freeze... or more specifically, it hasn't frozen yet - as shortly after discovering that I threw my toys out of the cot and decided to wait until B9 until using NT8 again

If you'd like copies of the 4 tab workspace that freezes and the 3 tab which doesn't appear to, I can send them. But they do have a custom code indicator (which I am happy to send), although as I can replicate this issue with the CCI and other indicators I don't believe that is playing any role in the issue.

Cheers,
                          Shane
                          Shane,

Anything you can provide will be helpful, especially custom code and workspaces containing the info.

I want to take a moment to keep things separate:

1) NinjaTrader freezing with no errors/no message
                          2) NinjaTrader display 'not enough quotes'.

Please provide us any info you can regarding those two issues and we'll see what we can do.
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for organising the remote session with Michael which we are doing tomorrow lunchtime.

I am away for another 24 hours but will ensure I have as much info together for him as possible re workspaces & examples.

Cheers,
                            Shane

Comment

The items brought up in this thread are currently being handled in report NTEIGHT-9446, "NinjaTrader freeze/crash/errors upon switching instruments in MA with linked charts".
                              Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hi guys,

Confirming the freeze/crashing issues in this thread have all been resolved in b11.

Thanks & great work!

Cheers,
                                Shane
                                Last edited by ShaneAU; 05-13-2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CactusMan  
                                Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post giulyko00