NT8B9 - Playback-MR- Control Center Realized not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B9 - Playback-MR- Control Center Realized not updating

There have been some reports about Realized not updating in various places. I finally experienced this.

Hopefully someone reading this and experiences it, can come back and post their experience or HOW TO.

Having a hell of a time reproducing consistently, spending the last 2 hours repeating and repeating steps..

I've only had it happen 2 times so far. Every time I disable and remove my strategies, disconnect from Playback, and close and start NT8B9. I thought Adding ES06-15 to the mix had something to do with it. (Just the one time). I also thought enabling the strategies after 1 day played was it (This is what I originally thought I did to cause this).

It must be related to changing the start date - but it is inconsistent at best.

-------------------

Basically:

I started Playback and changed start date to 9/14/2015, and turned it up to MAX.

I added 1 strategy to 3 Tabbed charts ((Sometimes ES06-15), ES09-15,ES12-15,ES03-16).

Enable All strategies in control center (select all, right click enable).

Hey, that's the wrong start date. Let me adjust. Change to 6/15/2015.

The strategies automatically disable, then re-enabled. Perfect.

I hit PLAY in Playback-MR... Well, the strategies were disabled and re-enabled again. perfect?

Well - the playback market automatically shows it is in playmode, but nothing is happening. It's not moving.. OK, that's odd!!!!

Hit Pause. Hit Play- it's playing.

First trade taken.

Unrealized working. Trade closes out. Realized in the control center was never updated. Still $0.00.

---
    The 2nd time it did happen, I right clicked on the strategy , chose Strategy Performance-Realtime, and all the trade data stats were there.

3rd time, on different machine, clean restart.

Set start date and set end date.
    Added 3 contracts. Realized missing, but strategy performance shows the results and trades just fine.

Control Center Realized missing:

Performance report:

Comment

Hello sledge, we appreciate all the testing you do. This was just recently reported

The bug report ID for this is NTEIGHT-9377.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.

It does have to do with changing start(2x) and/or end dates.

Its fine if I don't, or move start date forward. But more than that it shows up.

Comment

Realized Gain not updating during live trading

Hello All, I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going cookoo.

Attached is a pic of the Realized Gain not updating (it still reads zero) in NT8 beta9 during live trading with ES 06-16 using CQG as the data provider.

Hopefully beta 10 resolves this issue
          Attached Files
          Last edited by geekodude; 03-21-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Hello sledge, thank you for your post!

Have you attempted the newest version of NinjaTrader 8?

You may upgrade at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let us know if you see the same.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
              Hello sledge, thank you for your post!

Have you attempted the newest version of NinjaTrader 8?

You may upgrade at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let us know if you see the same.
              I just tried tonight in Beta10.

I did notice NTEIGHT-9377 isn't in the "FIXED" list.

Sample testing with different layout (performance issues with full layout) and different strategy - shows it working.

When performance in Playback returns - I'll re-test on my original full layout.

Comment

sledge, thank you for your post!

The bug report for this was NTEIGHT-9377 and was actually a duplicate bug report and the original report for this was NTEIGHT-9295 which has been resolved.

You shouldn't be experiencing the same, but if you do, please update this thread.

Comment

sledge, thank you for your post!

The bug report for this was NTEIGHT-9377 and was actually a duplicate bug report and the original report for this was NTEIGHT-9295 which has been resolved.

You shouldn't be experiencing the same, but if you do, please update this thread.
                  NT8B11 - got it tonight.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I had 1 workspace.
                  I added a few charts and had run some Playback-MR for 2 ES contracts.
                  I did a "SAVE AS" on the workspace.
                  The original workspace shows closed.
                  I exited NT8B11 and restarted the application.

To my surprise, there were 2 strategies for ES 03-16 (maybe from previous strategy fail), and 1 for ES 06-16 in control panel.

Anyways, I removed each of those strategies from the panel.
                  I connected to Playback-MR. Adjusted start date to 12/14/2015. Turned up to MAX.
                  Added my strategies back to the chart.
                  Enabled the strategies. Hit play.

I'm going to restart the machine and see if this does it again.

I'll try to get some reproduceable.

(Unrealized is working).

------
                  Update 1 11:45pm On rebooting machine, realized is working again.
                  Update 2 12:07am Can not reproduce. Tried little variations and it's still working.
                  Update 3 12:28am Happened again. Trying to isolate and hope it is some step I'm doing and not random thing.
                  Update 4: 12:42am Got it again. Hmmm
                  Update 5: 12:47am Figured it out finally! REPRODUCEABLE.

1 Connect to Playback-MR.
                  2 Adjust your start date to previous point in time (Since this start date is the 7 day thing, it's starting on 5/20/2016 and does that "auto replay start.. NT8B9 was more proper in that it had the start date for your replay data.)
                  3 Adjust playback controller to max.
                  4 Add strategy to chart (in my case es 03-16/06-16).
                  5 highlight both strategies in control center, and enable (may not be necessary).
                  6 hit play on playback controller. Realized does not update.

12:53am Note: did not happen with 1 strategy.

My layout does have 2 tabs on the chart (es 03-16/es 06-16).

01:05am - can't reproduce with my steps. Maybe it is just random. But it is happening.

01:39am - Appears to happen with greater frequency if you start adding strategies when the "auto playback" at startup is happening.
                  The only other thing I can guess is there is something with how I am exiting previous session. (Generally: select all strategies, disable/remove/disconnect playback, exit NT ). Do not save layout.

01:45am - didn't add while "auto playback" was running and got it again.

I'll look at this again in the morning.
                  Last edited by sledge; 05-29-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Hello sledge, thank you for the update!

I wasn't able to reproduce this, however, there are a few items that I don't have access to.

Could you provide me with ES 03-16 Market Replay data that runs concurrently with the ES 06-16 data?

Additionally, I would like to test the workspace you're working with - Could you provide your workspace file?

The location of the Market Replay files will be in the Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> db -> replay folder

The location of the of your workspaces will be in teh Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> workspaces folder

To ensure I didn't miss any steps, please see the steps below on how I troubleshot this.
                    • Downloaded CL 06-16 and CL 07-16 data (same days)
                    • Connected to the Playback Connection
                    • Open a CL 06-16 chart
                    • Added another tab: CL 07-16
                    • Added the SampleMACrossover to each tab
                    • Clicked play and set the speed to max
                    • Highlighted both strategies, right-clicked and selected Enable

I saw that both strategies populate quotes for the Realized PnL column. Let me know if I missed any steps.

Comment

Hello sledge, thank you for the update!

Just to update - A different way? I happened upon it tonight in NT8B11 Playback-MR.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I had tested replay several times on ES 06-16. Reset slider several times testing other things.

I put the current strategy in NinjaScript Editor. I right clicked to "Save As". I modified the strategy.

I removed the previous strategy from control center, added the new modified strategy to the chart, restarted the slider and off it went.

I sent my update to NT_MichaelM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Massinisa  
                      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes