Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

8.0.0.9 Horozontal lines STILL not saving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.0.9 Horozontal lines STILL not saving!

Updated to 8.0.0.9 and rebuilt everything from nothing. Laid out all low volume lines using horizontal lines (All charts) function on the horizontal line and transferred all Pivot levels from 2nd platform needed using the same function using horizontal lines. Anyway, a lot of horizontal lines and a lot of time.

Saved the Workspace at least 20 times and NT8.0.0.9 functioned fine through yesterdays session. When it was shut down last yesterday, workspace was saved manually again, then saved again when NT8 prompted me. As NT8 was shutting down it crashed and came up with the pop up, NinjaTrader has stopped working .............

Go to open NT8 up today and it opens all the workspace, everything loads up ..... everything BUT the horizontal lines. No horizontal lines on the main chart they were originally applied to, none on All charts of that instrument type. Not a single horizontal line to be found on any chart. (Exactly the same issue I reported in prior build)

Then when NT8 is connected to IQFeed and/or CQG, it crashes with the same pop up - Ninjatrader has stopped working...........

It looks like it has also NOT saved the user setting set up on some indicators but I have no way of actually checking that because NT crashes before I can check once it starts to load data.

So, is it something I am doing wrong that is causing this issue or is there a actual fault in NT8's save function?

Rebuilt a completely new workspace again from scratch. Saves fine right up until NT8 crashes and then on start up all horizontal lines are gone and other settings that had been saved are changed.

NT8 has crashed something like 8 times so far today.

When it crashes, it looses whatever had been saved.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your post,

Can you please write in with your log and trace files along with a link to this forum post?
      Also, it sounds like you had reported this issue before -- if so, could you also include that forum post as well?

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

Attach any log file that lists today's date.
      You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

Attach any trace file that lists today's date
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
        Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your post,

Can you please write in with your log and trace files along with a link to this forum post?
        Also, it sounds like you had reported this issue before -- if so, could you also include that forum post as well?

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

Attach any log file that lists today's date.
        You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

Attach any trace file that lists today's date

Thanks for the reply Eric. What email address should I email everything in to?

Comment

Please use PlatformSupport[AT]NInjaTrader[DOT]com, sorry for the oversight!
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8 crashed again. I had a horizontal line that was not set to All charts function and on restarting NT8, this was the only horizontal line still on the chart it was placed on. All the other horizontal lines that had been placed on the same chart and set to all charts function had disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by TyJack View Post
              NT8 crashed again. I had a horizontal line that was not set to All charts function and on restarting NT8, this was the only horizontal line still on the chart it was placed on. All the other horizontal lines that had been placed on the same chart and set to all charts function had disappeared.
              Just wanted to add that this is not an isolated problem. I reported this happening - lines disappearing more or less randomly - a few betas ago, but it has persisted.

I've also had the lines drawn on a price window(with All charts set) appear on the subgraph panel on another chart.

At present my 'workaround' is not to save horizontal lines at all, but redraw them each session.

Comment

Originally posted by palinuro View Post
                Just wanted to add that this is not an isolated problem. I reported this happening - lines disappearing more or less randomly - a few betas ago, but it has persisted.

I've also had the lines drawn on a price window(with All charts set) appear on the subgraph panel on another chart.

At present my 'workaround' is not to save horizontal lines at all, but redraw them each session.

Yes, that was happening to me with 8.0.0.8, horizontal lines would randomly not save, or would appear in different locations with either less or more on charts then originally applied.

With 8.0.0.9. so far all that I have noticed is any horizontal line that uses the ALL CHARTS function will not save correctly and will disappear from charts altogether (Usually after a crash but that's not always the only time it happens).

I'm trying to use the same work around but it gets pretty monotonous after NT8 crashes 3 times in a trading session.

It seems to center around the ALL CHARTS function because normal horizontal lines appear to stay where they are placed after being saved and NT8 crashing. I've only noticed 1 normal horizontal line out of many to stay as that's the only one I had on the chart not using the all charts after the last crash. Will put a mixture on charts today and see what happens if it crashes.

At least this isn't a localized issue just with me.

Comment

Yes, it feels good to have company ....

I've been having exactly the same problem with beta 9. (Though I have other issues too, like crashing almost every time I exit...)

Comment

chart load issue

WOuld you have any idea how i get charts to display on the screen as opposed to simply being on the tool bar and requiring a selection of each chart in turn from the toolbar to move it to the screen,Stuff like this is making NT impossible to use.

Comment

Originally posted by laredo787 View Post
                      WOuld you have any idea how i get charts to display on the screen as opposed to simply being on the tool bar and requiring a selection of each chart in turn from the toolbar to move it to the screen,Stuff like this is making NT impossible to use.
                      I'm having a hard time envisioning what is going 'wrong'. All my charts are on the screen.

Which Windows version are you using?

Download this: https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html and make a video and upload it.

Comment

charts dont load on screen unless selected

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

You want the opposite of "Windows Show Desktop" command?

I tried right clicking the windows toolbar and the Cascade,Show Stacked, etc didn't do much.

Have you tried using the new tabs feature?

Comment

no,any idea how to activate it? tabs command?

Comment

In a chart, right click, properties -> Show Tabs

You'll probably have to setup your workspace again.

Use Cntrl+Tab to go right and shift+Cntrl+Tab to go left as keyboard shortcuts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                              80 responses
                              5 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Working...
                              X