Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8020, tda connected but not updating

I was disconnected 950pm on 1/3.
    I noticed this on 1/4 and reconnected 844am.

1/4 data came in successfully.

No data today on 1/5. Charts dead.

The green status indicator says tda connected.

Not good.
    Attached Files

Hello sledge,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email and send it to platformsupport[AT}ninjatrader[DOTcom with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Comment

After working with support, the resolution to this is nothing can be done when TDA stops streaming data.

I cannot use NT8 live. Stuck on NT7 forever.

Comment

I was able to match my NT8 stoppage with an NT7 disconnect and reconnect.

NT8 isn't fully vetted and still has issues. I am tired of being told to get a high quality internet connection or a VPS. That's not going to FIX NT8.

Code:
        2/3/2017 7:00:01 AM|1|2|TDA: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost
        2/3/2017 7:00:01 AM|3|128|Strategy 'strategyaaaa/20caf231f6754ceda10809536c5fafe8' lost price connection but will keep running.
        2/3/2017 7:00:05 AM|1|2|TDA: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
        Nt8 Nothing other than a simple stoppage of all charts and data reception.

Code:
        2017-01-27 05:28:20:327 (TDA-LIVE) Tda.Adapter.KeepAliveWorkerAsync: keepAliveResponse='LoggedOn'
        2017-01-27 06:22:20:552 (TDA-LIVE) Tda.Adapter.KeepAliveWorkerAsync: keepAliveResponse='LoggedOn'
        2017-01-27 07:16:20:774 (TDA-LIVE) Tda.Adapter.KeepAliveWorkerAsync: keepAliveResponse='LoggedOn'
        2017-01-27 07:33:11:975 Server.HdsClient.Connect: type=IS server='is-us-002.ninjatrader.com' port=31658 system='NT'
        And disconnecting in NT8 and reconnecting does NOT "fix the problem" - the charts are still dead. There is a major disconnect in it restarting. You must exit and reenter the application.

The attached image is also 2/3, 7:00am. The attached image shows my chart dead at 7:00am, and my 30 second timer in the output was no longer reading new values but kept pulling the same old ones.

NT8.0.4.0 also has the problem.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sledge; 02-09-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thank you for your note.

I understand it is frustrating experiencing a connection loss and not having it report to you. What may work is creating a custom script that checks when the last real time data was received during market hours. It could then be configured to give you an alert if data hasn't come in for X minutes.

NinjaTrader will report your connection loss as the TD Ameritrade API reports there is a lost connection. The TD Ameritrade API is limited in the types of disconnects it will report. To help prevent disconnects in NinjaTrader 8 with TD Ameritrade you would need to look into improving your connection to TD Ameritrade.

There is no way to improve the reporting of a disconnect as this is handled by the TD Ameritrade API. NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 use different APIs. NinjaTrader 8 is using an updated API that TD Ameritrade currently supports. The NinjaTrader 7 API is no longer being developed on.

Please don't hesitate to write us again if any additional questions come up.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
            Hello sledge,

Thank you for your note.

I understand it is frustrating experiencing a connection loss and not having it report to you. What may work is creating a custom script that checks when the last real time data was received during market hours. It could then be configured to give you an alert if data hasn't come in for X minutes.

NinjaTrader will report your connection loss as the TD Ameritrade API reports there is a lost connection. The TD Ameritrade API is limited in the types of disconnects it will report. To help prevent disconnects in NinjaTrader 8 with TD Ameritrade you would need to look into improving your connection to TD Ameritrade.

There is no way to improve the reporting of a disconnect as this is handled by the TD Ameritrade API. NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 use different APIs. NinjaTrader 8 is using an updated API that TD Ameritrade currently supports. The NinjaTrader 7 API is no longer being developed on.

Please don't hesitate to write us again if any additional questions come up.
            This maybe beyond your scope of understanding, but I tested NT8 Beta9 and that performed a lot better with disconnects and reconnecting that NT8.0.4.0.

If your software development team would quit reintroducing bugs that were fixed/working in previous versions, there would be less issues going forward. ( Failure to save edits works in NT8B9 http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=96045 ).

It maybe that since my "chart disconnects" are happening out of hours, it ends up using the non-saved template hours which are RTH, and just giving up the ghost...

I'm back to running NT8B9 this week as a test to see how it reacts.

Hopefully, NT8.0.5.0 fixes the save edits on issues, and we might be able to "M'NT8'GA".

Comment

I have confirmed that NT8B9 after a stream stoppage with no error, will work again after disconnecting and reconnecting to TDA.

P.s. the other machine with nt8040 is still working and didn't have a stoppage yet this week. No disconnect in nt7.

Maybe this is all relayed to the other post, when laptop monitor off and charts stop updating is the bug.

Comment

Nt8050 - got dropped on both systems, but show connected. Same as before.. I don't see how even if I "improved" my connection with a vps, the same problem would persist. Once the stream stops, it's still going to be dead.

There was an improvement in 8050, after disconnecting tda and reconnecting, that now works. (Before it would still be dead).

Comment

Nt8050 what the heck

On 3/9 around 1140 am, I realized charts were not updating live. I performed a disconnect and reconnect and the charts were working again.

I went back to review what was recorded.

My ^VIX recording stopped at 1142am , SPY continued to work?

And the fact that I even have recorded data when the charts were dead is another mystery. (And it stated recording again on 3/10 without any further intervention in my part? )

So what is going on here? Where is the disconnect?
                  Attached Files

Comment

My other system, charts were dead,but data recorded as witnessed by playback MR.

I disconnected and reconnected to get the charts working at 8:54am.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thank you for your note.

Could you please write in to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com? We are currently tracking this internally with the ID NTEIGHT-11139.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                      5 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post jgualdronc  
                      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Touch-Ups