Workspace can't save indicator panel's height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace can't save indicator panel's height

I add an indicator to a chart within a new panel, then adjust the panel's height to my favorite, then save the workspace. But every time I launched NT8, the panel will restored to the default height, no matter how I adjust it then save workspace.

My workspace was imported from previous NT8 beta version's backup long time ago.

I tested the above on a new created workspace, it's fine. I think if I re-create my workspace totally it will be fine too, but the problem is my workspace has many windows fine arranged so it need much time to re-created it.

So is there some tips to resolve my problem without re-creating my workspace?

The version I used is 8.0.5.2 64bit
    Last edited by jjhou; 03-31-2017, 03:44 AM.

Hello jjhou

Thank you for your post,

I suggest attempting to create a new chart via the New menu and testing if the indicator panel will save correctly before making a new workspace.

Make sure, when opening the chart, to select <None> from the top right "Load the following chart template" drop down menu in case it's an issue with a chart template in use.

Also, try the same test with other indicators if possible. This way, you'll be able to determine if the issue is isolated to a particular indicator. If this does turn out to be a custom indicator, I would recommend reporting the issue the vendor to look into further.

If needed, see the below section of our help guide for more on using third-party add-ons.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ty_add-ons.htm

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tested as you said, the indicator attached to panel#2 is VOL, it is just selected from those NT8 provided, and whether the chart bar panel has my own indicator attached or not, the new chart has no problem in saving/restoring the indicator's panel, it works fine. So I don't think the problem is caused by my indicator.

Maybe the only way is re-creating my workspace...

Comment

jjhou, chart panel height change is a known issue:

Comment

Lancer,

Thanks for your reply.

This is not something we have been able to reproduce so far, so we have been investigating this item on a per-case basis. I'm happy to check into this with you as well if you would please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170403.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I submitted multiple log and trace files four weeks ago before uninstalling 8.0.5 and reinstalling 8.0.4.0. Everything back to normal since then with 8.0.4.0.

Comment

Lancer,

Thanks for your reply post.

We have been able to replicate this through adding some extra elements to the testing process, including window linking and some other items. We are currently investigating this matter further for more details.
              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

this is being caused by windows that are linked which is causing the indicator panels to revert to the default size upon connection/startup.
                Yes it is! If I cancel the chart's link, everything is fine, my god. Who can think of it?
                And thank you Lancer!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes