Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a help with indicator template

Hello there,

Could someone assist me please with creating an indicator, which I would be able to adjust myself later on.

Simple logic:

if (high-close) > (high-open), than X = 10 and Y = 20

if (high-close) <= (high-open), than X = 30 and Y = 40

I will have about 10 "if" like these, which gonna produce different outcomes for X and Y. The conditions would be done the way that each bar would not have more than one "if", so X and Y will not be mixed up.

A principle of indictor must be similar to Data Box. So, when I move a cursor, there must be shown a unique outcomes for each particular bar. Finally, I would like to see something like this in the right top corner: "X = 30 ; Y = 40".

I will highly appreciate somebody's help.

All the best,
    Arthur

Comment

Howdy lazy ar$$eS !

I have a challenge for the so called pros.If any real pro outthere,then it shouldn`t be a problem to re-write the attached typebars code in a way that the close and the open will be matched without a single tick gap.Let`s see what happens.Pop corn,please...
      Attached Files

Comment

Could anyone help with adding an audible alert to the pivot line(above/below) within this indicator?
        Attached Files

Comment

Get right prices from 2nd and 3rd timeframes

Hello!

Can you help me to accomplish getting the right prices from 2nd and 3rd timeframes? I attached this simple "Show and tell" strategy file here. This strategy gets the prices from only primary timeframe. I couldn't figure out what is right way to get 2nd & 3rd TF prices. I will appreciate your expertise!

Code:
          StrategyPlot(0).Value.Set(WMA(4)[0]);
          StrategyPlot(1).Value.Set(WMA(BarsArray[1], 4)[0]);
          StrategyPlot(2).Value.Set(WMA(BarsArray[2], 4)[0]);

wave0 = (WMA(Closes[0],4)[0]);
          wave1 = (WMA(Closes[0],4)[1]);
          wave2 = (WMA(Closes[0],4)[2]);
          end of code

These lines get same price from primary timeframe. See full code in attached file.

Let me know if you need clarification.

Many thanks!
          -traderjh
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi folks,

could anyone please help me to write a simple indicator from this line:

if(Trend[0] && Trend[1] && Price[0] - Price[1] > Price[1] - Price[2])

and draw a text marker above the price when it meets this creteria.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by traderjh View Post
              Hello!

Can you help me to accomplish getting the right prices from 2nd and 3rd timeframes? I attached this simple "Show and tell" strategy file here. This strategy gets the prices from only primary timeframe. I couldn't figure out what is right way to get 2nd & 3rd TF prices. I will appreciate your expertise!

Code:
              StrategyPlot(0).Value.Set(WMA(4)[0]);
              StrategyPlot(1).Value.Set(WMA(BarsArray[1], 4)[0]);
              StrategyPlot(2).Value.Set(WMA(BarsArray[2], 4)[0]);

wave1 = (WMA(Closes[0],4)[1]);
              wave2 = (WMA(Closes[0],4)[2]);
              end of code

These lines get same price from primary timeframe. See full code in attached file.

Let me know if you need clarification.

Many thanks!
              -traderjh
              Try:

Code:
              wave1 = (WMA(Closes[1],4)[0]);
              wave2 = (WMA(Closes[2],4)[0]);

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeEYE View Post
                Hi folks,

could anyone please help me to write a simple indicator from this line:

if(Trend[0] && Trend[1] && Price[0] - Price[1] > Price[1] - Price[2])

and draw a text marker above the price when it meets this creteria.

thanks
                The first condition is not defined. You would need to call another indicator to establish the trend. You have not told us what indicator you want to use.

The second condition can either be

(a) a slowdown of negative momentum
                (b) a reversal
                (c) an acceleration of positive momentum

Statistically one out of 4 bars will get a text marker.

You did not tell us, what those markers are good for. (b) and (c) can be used as entry signals, whereas (a) is at best an exit signal.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeEYE
                  we will have yet to find out how helpful the Support is.I bet a good chunk if not a half of the customers would quietly agree with me on my point of view.They might have no stomach to do so openly,but that`s their problems.I`ve spent a reasonable time here observing,so can judge.NT support is far away from being HELPFUL.You can hone this illusion for a reason,though.
                  Snake I have done free work for you in the past, simply as a favor to you. Given all you want is free, I suggest you learn to code. As was stated, neither Ninja nor their developers are in the business to work for free. And Ninja does not directly recommend any single developer. They simply list the approved developers on their website, and let you choose how you wish to proceed. My firm has worked with the Tech Support guys at Ninja for close to 10 years, and I can tell you that you will not find a better or more dedicated team than the Ninja family. If you worked more closely with them as we do, you would surely enjoy the same experience. But attacking and insulting them on a public forum is not only uncalled for, its unprofessional and childish. If I were the moderator I would have already removed your access to this forum. And given you have already received plenty of "free" advice and information from this forum, you would be wise to restrain yourself and behave accordingly...in my humble opinion.

Comment

re

I thought the good things in life are free?

Who ever said that was some ahole!

Snake eyes just pay some C+ dude a $100 bucks,they will do it.

Google helps too.

We had this same thing going on at reTardstation, I said cya...

Comment

Originally posted by canthony View Post
                      Snake I have done free work for you in the past, simply as a favor to you. Given all you want is free, I suggest you learn to code. As was stated, neither Ninja nor their developers are in the business to work for free. And Ninja does not directly recommend any single developer. They simply list the approved developers on their website, and let you choose how you wish to proceed. My firm has worked with the Tech Support guys at Ninja for close to 10 years, and I can tell you that you will not find a better or more dedicated team than the Ninja family. If you worked more closely with them as we do, you would surely enjoy the same experience. But attacking and insulting them on a public forum is not only uncalled for, its unprofessional and childish. If I were the moderator I would have already removed your access to this forum. And given you have already received plenty of "free" advice and information from this forum, you would be wise to restrain yourself and behave accordingly...in my humble opinion.
                      Very well said. I have refrained from commenting at all, because I simply have gotten tired of being drawn in into these kind of situations of people with such a strong sense of entitlement, that they feel everyone owes it to them to help them for free, and are ready to bite the hand that feeds or has fed them, if they do not get that to which they feel they are owed, for no consideration.

Comment

in desperate need of an indicator

I am new to ninja trader charts and my previous charts I used had an easy way to create your own indicator and paint a candle or put a mark on the finished candle where your indicator criteria starts.
                        If anyone knows of an indicator that already exists like this please let me know.

What I need is some kind of marker, painted candle or alert that would appear when the volume bar passes a 50 sma in either direction.
                        So precisely I need this to happen when the candle (whatever timeframe I choose) closes one tick above the 50 sma and conversely one tick below 50 sma.
                        On my old charts I had a painted candle of a bright red when it passed to the upside upon close of candle and a bright blue when it passed to the downside. I do not know if painted candles are an option...maybe an alert or marker?? Anything....If none of that is possible I would be satisfied with just the indicator below.
                        Is there anyone out there who can help me with this? I do not expect anyone to do this for free. I will gladly pay for an indicator like this. Thank you in advance for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by gkw1018 View Post
                          I am new to ninja trader charts and my previous charts I used had an easy way to create your own indicator and paint a candle or put a mark on the finished candle where your indicator criteria starts.
                          If anyone knows of an indicator that already exists like this please let me know.

What I need is some kind of marker, painted candle or alert that would appear when the volume bar passes a 50 sma in either direction.
                          So precisely I need this to happen when the candle (whatever timeframe I choose) closes one tick above the 50 sma and conversely one tick below 50 sma.
                          On my old charts I had a painted candle of a bright red when it passed to the upside upon close of candle and a bright blue when it passed to the downside. I do not know if painted candles are an option...maybe an alert or marker?? Anything....If none of that is possible I would be satisfied with just the indicator below.
                          Is there anyone out there who can help me with this? I do not expect anyone to do this for free. I will gladly pay for an indicator like this. Thank you in advance for any help!
                          You might want to invest in Bloodhound. Its a product which allows non-programmers to build indicators and automated programs for NinjaTrader. http://www.sharkindicators.com/blood...parison-chart/ While its not as powerful as having a developer build something for you, for the price (starting at $295), its a useful tool for quick and simple programs. More intuitive than the built in Wizard, I think it would help all those folks out there who want to keep their cost low by doing some of this stuff themselves. Of course there are several limitations to the product, so make sure you speak with someone at Shark about your specific project before purchasing. BTW I am not affiliated with this firm in anyway. It just seems like a good product and I have some clients who love it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by gkw1018 View Post

Hello gkw1018,

Thanks for your post.

I had worked with you through email to create your desired indicator and provided it to you however I have also made a few adjustments to it and provided it at the following link on our forum.
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by michel View Post
                              Hi everybody
                              I am new to NinjaTrader but i have been developing indicators for tradestation for 6 years
                              I'm still getting familliar with Ninja and i need the practice so i will develop strategies for free

Note that I wont be taking over complicated requests. keep it simple and clean. if there are too many requests i will take my pick as to which ones i do

happy trading

Regards,
                              Michel
                              www.fxcteam.com
                              Hello Michel

Can you develop an indicator as lines see attached image. there should have a selection that if for example market crossed the line and close 10 ticks to opposite side then lines should disapear. then we can select 10, 15, 20 or any number of ticks.

Thank You

Click Here For the Image

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...81542533053394
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BobyGill; 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Simple (I hope) custom Index

I am new to NinjaScript and I thought maybe someone has done this before or knows an easy solution...

I want to create a simple Index (hereafter VB Index) that charts in Ninja, and this VB Index is comprised of up to 15 or less stocks. I also want a stock a Weighting Factor (WF). The formula for the VB Index would look as follows…

VB Index = Stock1 * WF1 + Stock2 * WF2 + Stock3 * WF3 + ……. + Stock15 * WF15

Seems pretty simple, but then again I do not know much about NinjaScript at this time. I would simply Graph this VB Index in a 2nd Panel along side the Instrument that I am trading.

Vince B

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                9 responses
                                0 likes