Collapse

Vista Operating system and NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this will help. I had the same problem of NT not starting when double clicking the icon (by the way, I'm not using Vista, I'm still using XP). I reinstalled the Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework and everything started working again.

Comment

Ive had alot of trouble trying to open NT on my HP vista comp.The first time i downloaded NT it worked fine,after i closed it down for the first time is when the trouble started,i couldnt get it to re-open,sometimes after clicking on the NT icon many times it may open,but once its closed,its the same problem.Ive scanned the .NETframework and it is not corrupted,and its close to impossible to remove the framework from vista and re-install it.From what ive read so far some ppl have had similiar problems,but unfortuently i havnt read any solutions,anyone have any ideas,it would be greatly appreciated?

Comment

Continue to have problems starting in vista...any timeframe on a fix.

I have two laptops. One with XP and one with Vista. 6.5 runs fine on xp but I have never been able to get it to start on Vista even though ver 6 would start after many attempts. I purchased the Vista machine especially to use with NT. If there is a solution on he horizon I would really like to know. I am considering downgrading to XP but that has its own problems ie locating drivers etc. Any timeline on a fix?

Comment

Please send us a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com with the specific install issues you are having so we may assist you in getting up and running.
          JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vista

NinjaBlanks.

the ONLY way I can get the latest NT to run on my vista PC is to put it
            in the Startup folder and reboot until it runs.. usually never have to reboot 3
            or 4 times.. I have noticed if I let it sit on the logon screen for more than 20 seconds NT will not run... so you have to logon right away..

Give this a try and good luck..

david

Comment

There is quite obviously a probelm with NT and Vista,i know there is people have no trouble using NTon a vista machine,but there is also many people who are having trouble using NT with vista,and its frustrating when the only response is its a framework issue.My framework is NOT corrupted and yet NT will not open,so anyway ive given up trying to find a solution and will be changing my operating system to XP.

Comment

Guys,

Let's try to isolate. We had been trying to reproduce the issues you experienced on our several Vista machines here but failed.

Hence, these questions. Please try to provide detailed info to any of these items so we have a chance to isolate the trouble maker:
                a) did any prior NT6.5 release/beta ever work on the Vista machine which now causes the trouble?
                b) would latest NT6 be any different on your Vista machine (you can download from download page)? Note: You can have both NT6 and NT6.5 installed on your Vista machine.
                c) are you aware of an Vista updates or related which occurred on your machine lately?
                d) do you have any of these "little helpers" installed with might affect the mouse click handling (additional desktop tools/toolbars, something like this)?
                e) is this as 32bit or a 64bit Vista machine?
                f) what Vista edition is this?

Thanks

Comment

NinjaTrader Dierk

Just answering some of your questions in relation to NT and Vista,i hope my answers are somewhat helpful.

a)Ive never used NT before,this was my first attempt at using it,so i cant compare it with prior versions

b)i downloaded demo NT both from the mirus brokers webpage and from the ninja download website,experienced the same problem with both

c)ive downlaoded all the windows vista updates and all the updates from HP (my laptop manufacturer),ive set windows to scan daily for updates,so basically all windows vista updates are on my machine

d)to my knowledge i dont have any 'little helpers'

e)32 bit vista machine

f) home basic vista edition

P.S ive installed and uninstalled the program many times,and it usually seems to work fine from the initial download, when NT is shut down is when the problem begins,it takes many many attempts of clicking on the icon for NT to start if at all.

Also ive done a scan on my 2.0 framework and there is no integrity violations reported.

Comment

Thanks for feedback. Anyone else?

Comment

a) Not that I am aware of.
                      b) No difference.
                      c) No.
                      d) No.
                      e) 32bit
                      f) Windows Vista Home Basic

Thanks.

Comment

A)) did any prior NT6.5 release/beta ever work on the Vista machine which now causes the trouble? Version 6 would eventually run after many attempts. I have never been able to get 6.5 to start.

b) would latest NT6 be any different on your Vista machine (you can download from download page)? Note: You can have both NT6 and NT6.5 installed on your Vista machine. NO

c) are you aware of an Vista updates or related which occurred on your machine lately? No As stated above I had a problem with version 6
                        d) do you have any of these "little helpers" installed with might affect the mouse click handling (additional desktop tools/toolbars, something like this)? Google tooolbar
                        e) is this as 32bit or a 64bit Vista machine? 64
                        f) what Vista edition is this? Home basic

Comment

Ok, let's eliminate some potential trouble makers.
                          - NT does not support 64bit windows at this time. It - for some reason - works for some users but not for all. NT7 will support 64 bit windows though.
                          - for the 32bit windows guys: could you please uninstall google tool bar if you have it installed.

New question:
                          a) What is the exact behavior?
                          - don't you get the splash screen?
                          - does it hang somewhere as splash screen is visible?
                          - or don't you even get an hour glass (and no splash screen) as you double click
                          b) please open windows explorer, go to <program files>/NinjaTrader6.5/bin and double click on NinjaTrader.exe. Does it work as expected?

Thanks

Comment

a)no splash screen,i do get hour glass when i double click for about half a second

b)my bin file does not contain ninjatrader.exe ???

Comment

on b) : make sure you are looking at <program files>/NinjaTrader6.5/bin and not <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/bin. There is a file called NinjaTrader(.exe) with the NinjaTrader icon. That's the one.

Comment

ok yes found the ninjatrader.exe file,nothing happens when i double click on it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tkaboris  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                1 response
                                1 like
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM