Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Keep alerts active under instrument link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep alerts active under instrument link

I have a lot of problems with NT8 freezing or even shutting down if I load up too many charts. So I use the instrument link between my marketanalyser and the chart to scroll through them.

As long as I keep that instrument link, all drawing tools are kept on the charts, but, unfortunately, not the alerts.

It would mean the world to me if the alerts would stay active when the instrument link is on, even when another chart is shown, so I can have alerts on 28 charts without having all charts open in the tabs

Is there a way to do this, or can you make it?

Hello dabbeljoe,

Can you please tell me what kind of alert you have setup. What kind of condition does the alert use?

When I test the alert in the attached screenshot and then switch instruments in the chart via the Market Analyzer, I get the pop up message in the other screenshot. I click Yes and the alert is moved to the new instrument in the chart.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I attach an alert on a drawing tool, crossing a line or getting inside a region highlight usually, giving me a pop-up, a sound and an email, i made template for that.

If I click on another chart in the marketanalyser, with the instrument link, I get the same pop-up window as you do, asking if I want to move the alert to the new instrument. If I say yes, the alert is no longer active on the right chart/instrument. If I say no, they're removed as well.

I want to be alerted if price moves inside the region highlight, or cross a line, even if the chart is not on my screen. The drawing tools are still there, why can't the alerts stay active?

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected for alerts that reference drawing objects. You will get a 2nd pop up window that informs the alert will no longer be available.

I will forward the suggestion to keep alerts that reference drawing objects upon switching instruments.
        Attached Files

Comment

But even if I type the prices that I want to be alerted on, so not reference it on a drawing tool but a price alert, like in your screenshot, the alert will not stay on the right instrument, or will be removed. I just want the alerts to stay on the right instrument.

So if I am looking at a forex chart, say the eurusd, and I have an alert on the gbpjpy, even when the chart is not on a tab, only have an instrument link but it's not showing, I still get that pop-up saying the gbpjpy has crossed the line or whatever.

Comment

I see, I will forward the suggestion to keep your alert on the original instrument when switching instruments.

Comment

Awesome, thank you very much

Comment

hey Jason,
                Do you have some sort of tracking number for me, for this feature request?

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-2680.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes