Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

The data server team is looking into this and will look into restoring the data during the weekend maintenance.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

The data server team is looking into this and will look into restoring the data during the weekend maintenance.
      Thats great but what about now? The overnight volume per bar is way over average so it appears like we are still having the issue. Can you say that the issue has been fixed? So today we will be back to normal?

Right now the 512 tick bars are doing over 4000 contracts per bar, thats over double the average for the daily session. The average for this time of day at most is 1500 contracts per bar so it looks to me like we are still having the problem.
      Last edited by billko1977; 05-05-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I dont understand why it is so difficult to get a straight answer about the status of this issue. Ive already lost a days trading yesterday because of this and the market opens in 20 mins, im trying to prepare for the day but yet i dont know what the deal is with this problem. IS THE PROBLEM FIXED or not? I dont care about the missing data from yesterday at this point... what about the data coming today? Can it be trusted as complete?

Comment

Definitely not fixed yet.

Comment

I agree 100%. Its not fixed. I trade everyday, I know what my 512 tick should look like. Im down to 175 ticks to get roughly the same amount of data per bar. The problem is that i dont know if the issue is consistent enough that i can use a smaller tick chart and trade it or if its randomly missing data which would mean the data cannot be trusted period.

Comment

Not fixed and if they don't restore the data til the weekend, that means all the longer term tick charts are not valid. So now we're looking at a whole week of untradable data.

Does anyone know of another platform/service that offers reliable data and charting? This is unacceptable.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. It would be very nice to have some idea of when to expect a fix for this issue.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

We are looking into solutions at the moment to resolve this before the weekend. I will let you know when there is more information available.

Comment

Hello billko1977,

Thanks for your reply.

This is being looked into. It is not an issue on the platform end as Kinetick for example works without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by billko1977
                      Obviously something they did over the weekend is causing a problem. Two days in a row now just staring at the screen and forcing myself not to trade.
                      Same here. This is costing me a lot of money.

Comment

We have reached out the the data provider for more information about what is going on as this is the way that the data is being provided to NinjaTrader. there have been reports that the format this data is provided may have changed however we have been waiting to hear back for confirmation of the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                          We have reached out the the data provider for more information about what is going on as this is the way that the data is being provided to NinjaTrader. there have been reports that the format this data is provided may have changed however we have been waiting to hear back for confirmation of the cause.
                          Well i will say this... if this is something that is permanent then i will have no choice but to move to another data provider/broker. No other data source is doing this. TOS is fine, TradeStation is fine, and you say kinetic is fine so it looks like NT needs to get on the ball and tell whomever is responsible that this is unacceptable. Its YOUR data provider and YOUR platform that is being affected so I dont see how your powerless to do anything about it. If you tell these guys to fix the data or we will find someone else to partner with then my guess is that they will fix it back as fast as you hang up the phone. We are counting on you to look out for us and to do whats best for your clients. Dont let us down.

Comment

Yeah I agree. Why are they changing the format all the sudden? Whatever data they are providing is absolutely worthless in this format. I know that a lot of brokers include CQG data for free so my guess is they are doing this to get us to pay for better data.

Comment

And also, why are they going and changing the format on us out of nowhere without even telling us that they are doing it? That alone is grounds for termination as far as I'm concerned. Very unprofessional.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Kaledus
                                by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                                1 response