Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Very Basic Question using Shift + F3 hotkey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Basic Question using Shift + F3 hotkey.

Hi - really basic here:

* I've started using Shift + F3 to switch between open workspaces. Very handy Another goody from the Ninja folks...

* However, I noticed this requires a Ninja window to be the currently active window for this to work. If I have a window from another running app as the currently active window, nothing happens.

So, is there a way to make Shift + F3 global? I poked around a bit in doc, etc., but either missed something or nothing there. Came up short.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I believe what you are seeing would be expected, the Platform would need to be in focus to receive keyboard input. This is generally the same with most windows applications with the exception for a few which do have global keyboard handlers. In this situation, NinjaTrader specifically would not have global event handlers but would need to be in focus. I can put in a feature request to make the hotkeys global in Windows where possible.

I think the only thing I could really recommend in this case to make this easier would be to potentially use Alt + Tab to cycle back to a NinjaTrader window followed by Shift + F3. Alt Tab just allows you to pick a specific window to be in focus which may or may not be quicker than the mouse for you.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks for responding. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed anything on this.

Not too hard to bring a Ninja chart into focus, so will do that in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post yertle
      by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes