Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Load chart data in specific date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load chart data in specific date

How can I load data from a specific date? I know that there's a DataSeries option in chart and CustomRange option but what I want is that for example I want to load 6/1/2017 data
    only then the chart should start from 6/1/2017 up to 6/1/2017. I don't want it to start a day before from 6/1/2017, I don't want it to start from 5/31/2017.

Hello luxurious,

Can you please select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of the chart and use a CustomRange with the same start and end date. It will now looad data between 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM EDT.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Close but still start at 11 PM bar of 5/31/2017.

Comment

Your PC clock must be set to US Central time zone. Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. Select the Default 24/7 template and set the time zone to US Central time zone. Click Save and then OK. Subsequently reload historical data in the chart and check if data is loaded from 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM.

Comment

I have attached an image of my session manager and chart. Still starts at 11 PM bar of 5/31/2017. My PC clock is set to UTC-5:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)
          Attached Files

Comment

It should not start at 11:00 PM. The start time of the session template is 12:00 AM. When I test it on my end, it loads data as expected.

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the location below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache folder that is within the db folder.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in chart windows - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. The first time you load data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it should load data quickly again.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the chart loads data from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.

Comment

I did delete it but still it's not starting from 12 AM. Do I need to reinstall a fresh NT to get this correct?

Comment

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. A re-installation should not be required.

If you create a brand new chart, does it load data as expected?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. A re-installation should not be required.

If you create a brand new chart, does it load data as expected?
                  There's no difference when I reload all historical data. I created a new chart and still the problem exist.

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and synch your PC clock.

Shut down NinjaTrader first.

Please click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change date and time settings' and click 'Change time zone'. Select the US Eastern time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be synched.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue remains.

Comment

Issue still exist.

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager and click New.

Create a new session template that runs from 1:00 AM - 1:00 AM EDT the next day.

Save the session template and click OK in the Session Manager. Subsequently load this new session template in the chart. Do you now load data between 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM?

Comment

Well, I just created a sample session template that starts at 1 AM and ends 12 AM so now it will start loading from 12 AM of 6/1/2017.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite