OANDA forex and Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OANDA forex and Ninjatrader

Can we trade forex via ninja plaftorm and OANDA forex broker yet? We have been waiting a long time for this. The spreads are far too wide at Gain Capital and we dont trust FXCM broker with our money as they have stolen money and broke NFA and CFTC regulations not long ago (in relation to not passing on over $10 million worth of price improvements).

Oanda broker are the second biggest broker in the industry now and have the best repuation and tighest spreads by far. When will Ninja be connecting to Oanda broker?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Rocket,

OANDA is not available to connect to with NinjaTrader.

I will forward your request to our development team for consideration for future releases of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oanda connects to MultiCharts via Rest API and is FREE.

Testing now and looks good.

NT take note.....

Comment

3 years has passed. Any news?

Comment

The Development Team is still tracking demand for Oanda support. The tracking number is NTEIGHT-11251. However, I have no further information at this time regarding timeline for implementation.

Comment

All,
            It's a little bit funny to hear NT is 'tracking demand' for OANDA support. Ever since FXCM leaving the US brokerage space there has been a MASS migration of forex traders to OANDA. Secondly, it is widely known among the US forex community that Forex.com has terrible spreads, remedial platform technology, questionable customer service abilities, and questionable transparency.

OANDA has been around longer than FXCM, longer than Forex.com, and has maintained a more solid reputation throughout that time. Not only that, they continuously manage their risk as a company. Everyone should take note they had relatively little issue surviving the 'Black Thursday' swiss franc crisis. https://www.financemagnates.com/fore...handle-it-all/
            They keep their technology up to date, provide open source development resources like NT, and as a company have always committed to filling client orders exactly where they say they will.

There is high demand globally for their modern v20 REST API interface which in my humble opinion outperforms Gain Capital by quite a bit; not to mention the online support and community is much bigger and more accessible.

It should be noted that MultiCharts, MotiveWave and other platforms already have interfaces built for connecting with the OANDA API.

This could be a serious missed opportunity by NT if you guys choose/are-unable to work with OANDA. More importantly, it really leaves the space open for MT4/MT5 and TradingView to continue taking over the opportunity.

There are some misguided opinions out there that the forex trading space is largely populated by mostly Institutions and novice retail traders, which could not be more false. There are absolutely thousands of small professional forex traders out there that would LOVE to use NinjaTrader as their platform if it was available. Granted, there needs to also be some marketing obviously to spread the word when/if it becomes available.

I work with literally dozens of different traders beginner to advanced every week and they all ask the same thing... "Why isn't there a better platform out there I can use to trade all assets that does most of what I need?" My answer is usually "Well, I believe there IS. It's called NinjaTrader, but they won't connect with OANDA unfortunately so....? "

I hope MORE FOLKS WILL SPEAK UP (that's your cue people) about their interest in this because anyone inside the forex trading community understands their is no question of interest for this. Not only that, NinjaTrader has a very unique ability to provide EXACTLY what a lot of traders need with regard to total customization, community / EcoSystem, and all-asset access. C'mon NINJA, let's stop tracking and get working on it!!

kindly,

Chart Dynamix | www.chartdynamix.com
            NT Appoved-Vendor
            Last edited by CDXTrader; 02-14-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. OANDA is very much still being researched, but I do not have any other information at this time.

Comment

Oanda API

Everything you need to know about using the Oanda API is right here.

Please implement.

Comment

Hello All,

NinjaTrader now offers Oanda for those who may want to trade forex with NinjaTrader. For more information please feel free to visit our website here: https://ninjatrader.com/

Comment

I have an existing Oanda account but can't sign in to NT8 with it. I've gone through the connection guide, and I have the latest NT8 version.

I see no option anywhere on Oanda's site on in my account to add NT. Ninjatrader is not mentioned in any documentation on their site either. I know this is fairly recent, so I assume that's what is going on.

My question is do I have to open another Oanda account through the NT site link?

Comment

Any chance the NinjaTrader Continuum connection adapter could support multiple concurrent connections? I would like to be able to connect to my futures and forex account at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by saint_berzerker View Post
                        I have an existing Oanda account but can't sign in to NT8 with it. I've gone through the connection guide, and I have the latest NT8 version.

I see no option anywhere on Oanda's site on in my account to add NT. Ninjatrader is not mentioned in any documentation on their site either. I know this is fairly recent, so I assume that's what is going on.

My question is do I have to open another Oanda account through the NT site link?
                        You have to have your account configured to use NinjaTrader with Oanda. You need to contact NinjaTrader Brokerage to initiate this.

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by hurleydood View Post
                          Any chance the NinjaTrader Continuum connection adapter could support multiple concurrent connections? I would like to be able to connect to my futures and forex account at the same time.
                          If your futures account is held at NinjaTrader Brokerage, they can configure your logon so both your futures and Oanda FX accounts will show up on the single logon. You have to contact NinjaTrader Brokerage to initiate this.
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                            If your futures account is held at NinjaTrader Brokerage, they can configure your logon so both your futures and Oanda FX accounts will show up on the single logon. You have to contact NinjaTrader Brokerage to initiate this.
                            Hi Ray:

Thanks for the good news!! I autotrade futures on my NT8 platform with IB. So I have to open an account with Ninjatrader first, just to trade FOREX with Oanda, even I have no intention to trade futures over there?

Comment

Yes. You can contact the Brokerage Team for more details here:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite