Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator chart add error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator chart add error

I have an indicator that compiles fine (no error messages) but when I go to add it to a chart NT8 throws the attached error...
    Attached Files

Hello EthanHunt,

Thank you for your post.

This message indicates that logic is processing that is calling a bars object index (in most cases) that is not available when called. You can take a look at the tip at the following link for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3170

If you would like we can review the indicator on our end. You can export your indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save. The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. Please attach the file to your response.

Comment

Hi Patrick, I have downloaded the following indicator and it is giving me the error...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello EthanHunt,

Thank you for your post.

This message indicates that logic is processing that is calling a bars object index (in most cases) that is not available when called. You can take a look at the tip at the following link for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3170

If you would like we can review the indicator on our end. You can export your indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save. The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. Please attach the file to your response.

Comment

Hello EthanHunt,

Thank you for your response.

Please contact the developer of the indicator for further assistance with their indicator.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Reason was somehow when indicator template was saved in a prior chart it wouldn't load properly in the future. I loaded a chart template with the indicator already in it and then saved the indicator template from there and I could then add to any other chart. Is there a way to clear indicator templates? I guess I could go into the "documents" folder and delete? Thanks.

Comment

Hello EthanHunt,

Thanks for your reply.

You can remove/delete the indicator templates in Documents>Ninjatrader8>templates>Indicator>
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
            31 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes