Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Dierk,

This is a NT bug!!

NO matter if I chose in "Mode" combobox $, Percent or Points I always get all the results in $!

(I select from and to data, mode Points or %, my account, $EURUSD instrument, MY ATM tamplate, IB as my provider and I only get all the valuos in $, even I selected Points or % in "MODE")

Comment

It works as expected: Some of the values toggle (see Summary tab, Trade tab etc.) as you switch mode, some of the values always go by currency.

Please consult the docs for details to understand how the NT reports work.

Also: check out the "Group trades by ATM strategy" option on the docs.

Comment

Hello Dierk,

No, the values didn't toggle, or better sayed, THEY DIDN'T TOGGLE CORRECTLY!

If I look at the Cumulative Profit for yesterday in the Summary tab and choose as "Mode" Currency it displayes 125$ (This Is CORRECT), now if I change the mode to Points it shows 125.00000 Points (totaly wrong!!), I made all EURUSD trades in 25000$ lots for and the total was 125$, so I didn't make 125 Points (pips), I made 125$/2.5$ = 50 Points (pips).

There is not one field of the whole Account Performance area which toggles and displayas the Points ($ and % yes, but not points) correctly no mattar what you do, so I thing it does not works as expected!

Comment

This thread seems to be closely related to my question, so I will post it here.

I am using the chart trader which gives me the running total of my open trade listed in points. However, I want to see my cumulative PnL listed in points after my position is flat. It seems the only thing NT will display on the chart trader is PnL in currency mode. The Chart Trader Options menu APPEARS to offer me the option to display PnL in either points, percentages, or currency. I have this set to "points" and I also have the "Show realized PnL when flat" set to TRUE. But when my positions are closed, the value always reverts to currency. Is this a bug or a software limitation?

Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by Pipskateer; 11-13-2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The display when flat cannot be changed. You can change the open trade PnL.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also would realy apreciate if the PnL when flat could be shown in points in stead of allways be in currency!

Comment

Hello,

In my last post, I mentioned that PnL when Flat cannot be changed. So you cannot change it to points or percent.

However, I will suggest this to our development department for consideration.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                  Hello,

In my last post, I mentioned that PnL when Flat cannot be changed. So you cannot change it to points or percent.

However, I will suggest this to our development department for consideration.
                  It seems as if the menu items are already setup to enable these options and it seems counter intuitive for them NOT to already work this way, so perhaps they will fix this. It would be VERY helpful to be able to monitor point PnL totals instead of monetary figures. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bltdavid  
                  Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post martin70