Workspaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces

Some say that the TS workspaces are very limiting and I see the argument there. However, there is one beneficial feature to this. I am an equities trader, so I need the following up: Monthly, Daily, 60, 30, 15 & 3 min along with smaller charts of the market internal such as the trin, ADV etc. This comes out to about 11 charts up all at the same time. Every time frame has its own purpose. However, with the current setup if I accidentally minimize one chart, I have to go hunting to find the one that's minimized. Is there a way to lock a group of charts within a workspace so that I can easily pull up all the charts & windows at once.

Take look at the below TS pick.

Flatwallet,

We have V6.5 in Beta right now and this version has workspaces as well. I suggest downloading this version and play around so you get familiar with the workspaces. You can download it from here:
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3994[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Vince[/FONT]
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vincent,

I have played around with the workspaces in 6.5. However, the current problem is, lets say you have say 20 charts/windows up, and you minimize one its really hard to find it because you would have cluttered up your windows start menu taskbar. It would be nice if there was feature in the control center to be able to restore all the windows. Take a look at my start menu bar, it's not easy to find the one window that might be minimized. Trust me i know that this is not a big issue but it could be one of those annoying little things. I have enough of those in TS but mostly related to to the lack of multi-timeframe data manipulation issues and stoplimit orders. Which you guys have valued highly and TS for some reason has not thought of it being as important.

While you do have workspaces, it would be nicer if you could manage it a bit easier. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, will take this into consideration.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I like NT from what I have seen so far. But there are a couple of things that could be added or improved.

Windowing
          --------------
          It is a serious paing having every chart or tool be a separate window on the task bar. Icannot find the chart of tool I want easily. I cannot bring up a group of charts because they cannot be grouped on exist in the parent window. It clutters up my Windows task bar badly.

My suggestion is to allow workspaces to be MDI (multiple doc interface) windows that can each act as a separate set of charts that and other related windows. Allow these windows to be detached from the MDI windows as well. Allow child windows to be arranged in in tiles, tabs, docked, etc. These things are all pretty simple to accomplish with .Net 2.0 and would really increase the competiveness. Some good samples of this are Prophetx and Amibroker.

Data Connection
          ----------------------
          I use esignal, and it seems that NT tries to connect to each service that has a url in the settings for the connection. When NT cannot connect to one service, it will not connect at all - forcing to go in and remove urls until it works. A better solution would be for NT to connect to all the services it can and notify my what it could not connect. Perhaps showing "Partial" in the status bar for the connection status, and then showing a connection summary when I mouse over the status bar connection status.

I also use TC2007 by Worden brothers for daily data. They provide a very simple API to their data, and it would be nice if NT could connect to that database that is already on my system.

It would be nice if I could specify that daily or greater data came from one source (say TC2007) and intraday data came from whatever other source I specified.

Lastly (and probably a kind of difficult), each workspace could have its own data connection specified. My forex workspace could have a different connection from my stock workspace.

Replay
          ---------------------
          Not being able to replay downloaded tick history is kind of a pain. The internet should not be considered reliable enough to record the tick history like a VCR. There is not any way for me to realy tell what is happening in the recorder (status, exactly what it is recording in what detail). Also, maybe I do not want to record everything that is going on in the system.

NT could provide an replay management console that would allow for the selection of symbols to download tick history for along with date/time ranges. This would just download the data into the format that the recorder is doing now. Also allow removal of a symbol(s) or day from tick history.

Anyhow, just my two cents for now. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with your suggestions.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

toggling workspaces issue

Hello-
              I have three workspaces and I can bring one up with the Shift,F3 keyboard stock.

How may I set this up such that I can toggle between all three please?

Laredo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post proptrade13  
              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
              1 response
              0 likes