Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8.0.0.8 MTF AddChartIndicator does not show on chart correctly using MTF Timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.0.8 MTF AddChartIndicator does not show on chart correctly using MTF Timeframe

Hello,

I`ve uploaded an example of a strategy that uses the StochRSI indicator and tries to add it to the backtest chart using AddChartIndicator.

The strategy accepts input parameters for the StochRSI Period and MTF timeframe.

After executing the Standard BackTest, the chart shows the StochRSI, however it shows it in the primary chart timeframe and Not the timeframe entered by the user.

I`ve highlited in yellow the problem on the uploaded screen pic.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for posting this, I do see that the indicator appears differently in the Analyzer. I am currently looking into what may be the different between the two charts in this case.

I will reply back once I have looked further into this item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

After looking further into this, I do see that it appears that this would not be valid usage as the BarsArray is null at this point of loading.

You can check this using the syntax: Print("BarsArray null: " + (BarsArray[1] == null));

I am uncertain there is a solution for this, Also I did note that this process does not work in NT7. Are you converting an NT7 item where you had used logic like this that was working before? If so could you provide that logic so I could see if there would be a way of accomplishing what originally had worked?

If you are not converting anything over and had just tried this, unfortunately this would be expected because BarsArray would be null in this state so NT8 would fall back to the primary series. Previously in NT7 it looks like this was an item that would prevent the strategy from starting completely.

Comment

Hello,

Yes I am converting strategies from NT7.

I use MTF indicators and in NT7 I would plot them using the strategy however plotting in NT8 is causing an "Index Exception".

I have already open a thread in the forum about it yesterday but no one has looked at it yet.

Here is the link entitled "NT 8.0.0.8 Strategy with Plot causes Unhandled Index out of Range Exception" at http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=82101

It too has a screen print and working example of the problem.

I was hoping that AddChartIndicator would offer a simpler way of doing the same thing.

Can you then pls look at the strategy plotting problem/bug problem instead.

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

If you are converting items and find syntax that is not able to be used or was working in NT7 and is now not, I would like a sample of that syntax still, otherwise if this was not the case it seems to just be the usage which was causing the problem.

I do see the other post seems to be unrelated to the current question but also is demonstrating some odd behavior. It does also look like the other item has been submitted for further review.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses