Ehlers Sine Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yuvalw,

Not following you exactly. What exactly are you trying to match. The dots to the text or the text to the dots? Please provide the code snippet you are using. Thank you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      yuvalw,

Not following you exactly. What exactly are you trying to match. The dots to the text or the text to the dots? Please provide the code snippet you are using. Thank you.
      Hi, just download the indicator and apply it to any chart on your machine, you will see that the dots are not where the DrawText command tells them to be.

Comment

I would suggest adding print statements to the code to determine what Y values the Code "thinks" it is plotting to. I added them in the section where it sets the y values. at the beginning of the code. It might be better to add them just before the DrawText statement to make sure they have not changed???

Comment

yuvalw,

Please clarify exactly what you are hoping for. Where do you want the dots? Where do you want the text?

Unfortunately we do not have the bandwidth to evaluate your script in length. If you upload a version that is bare essentials we can take a look.

Comment

Here is a try indicator that draws "." using the DrawText method on yValue=900. You can see that the "." text is not drawn on 900 but slightly below.
            Attached Files

Comment

yuvalw,

It has to do with your font size. If you used Arial 10 it works just fine. You also have to take into consideration that a period character is by default depressed lower than a letter. The alignment happens in the middle of a letter and since "." is on the bottom of a letter it will appear to show up lower than your set 900 value.

Comment

Make sense that "." is on the bottom of a letter...
                So I guess I can use Wingdings font and look for the the circle letter, I'll try to do that, thx!

Comment

Here it is, looks much better...
                  Attached Files

Comment

i like the idea of using a symbol font.... very nice, thanks

Comment

Yuval,

You rock! Much appreciation for sharing the sinewave indicator! Thank you.

Originally posted by yuvalw View Post
                      Hi,

After 2 nights of looking at different Ehelers sine waves available out there I decided to write one.
                      The problem - Ehlers introduced 2 different sines in two different books (Rocket Science... and Cybernetic Analysis...), so I coded both into one indicator with a parameter for choosing which one to use...
                      (I saw another version he used in a slide show, but looks like it had similiar results as the one used in Rocket Science).

For the Rocket Science version I used as a base one of the indicators in Tazatek.com, and also added the Support/Resistance dots of emini-watch.com

NOTE: On both nights I did it while watching the Red Sox (they lost both games ) so high probability to one/two bugs, please let me know (or if you can fix)...

Yuval.

Comment

Yuvalw,
                        Nice work. Many thanks.

Comment

Hey guys I'm curious if any of you have been successful in using the sine wave indicator in your trading? I've been using the one for tradestation from eminiwatch for over 4 months now. I'm not very good at it cause there are lots of breakouts and false breakouts. I'm debating whether to take it off my charts.

Comment

hi,

Attached is a screen shot of the SineWave + Support/Resistance lines.I marked a support line that clearly should have been replaced by a resistance line OR a new set of support/resistance lines related to the down trend swing. Am I missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	861335

Comment

Originally posted by cb888trader View Post
                              hi,

Attached is a screen shot of the SineWave + Support/Resistance lines.I marked a support line that clearly should have been replaced by a resistance line OR a new set of support/resistance lines related to the down trend swing. Am I missing something?
                              The support line was drawn by an earlier "bullish" cross. The fact that price broke below support is useful information.

The sine wave doesn't look right to me. This is what I've noticed with the various versions for NT. Compare yours to the one at eminiwatch. The sine should be much smoother with really sharp turns.

Also I will say that in my experience with the sine wave I have not found it to be useful. Way too many false alerts. It's impossible to predict price using price. And the few times the sine gets it right is due more to the HH or LL confirmation than the sine itself.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
                                The support line was drawn by an earlier "bullish" cross. The fact that price broke below support is useful information.

The sine wave doesn't look right to me. This is what I've noticed with the various versions for NT. Compare yours to the one at eminiwatch. The sine should be much smoother with really sharp turns.

Also I will say that in my experience with the sine wave I have not found it to be useful. Way too many false alerts. It's impossible to predict price using price. And the few times the sine gets it right is due more to the HH or LL confirmation than the sine itself.
                                I wouldn't suggest that the emini-watch version is behaving better since both implementations are a pure copy paste from the original editor (John Ehlers) which uses rather simple mathematics.

The reason you see differences in the sine wave structure is because imy screenshot is from a much smaller time frame (50 Forex ticks) compared to emini-watch which is at minimum 150 ticks (E-mini trades). Since I'm using a much smaller time frame - the sine wave is more choppy.

Let me know if you think otherwise.

I also think that the Sine Wave (alone) is good for side ways periods. Using this indicator in trend periods without any additional supporting indicator is not very useful.

Once integrated with a proper trend indicator, the sine wave can mark trend swing points very nicely.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post fiddich