Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding ATM to a filled order

Hi,

From time to time I forget to select my ATM when I place an order. Once the order is filled is it possible to just add an ATM to the running trade?

Thks,

Originally posted by psudan View Post
    Hi,

From time to time I forget to select my ATM when I place an order. Once the order is filled is it possible to just add an ATM to the running trade?

Thks,

Hello psudan,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not a way to add an ATM Strategy to an existing position.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.

Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position at the link I have provided below.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As a follow up to this I was looking at the same thing. If an order has been generated by an automatic Ninjascript trading strategy it seems that there is no way that this trade can be managed using an ATM strategy.

As a minor question, in the post that you referred to "How to Add a Target and Stop to an Open Position" it says"
      • Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
        · Then place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
      How exactly do you place this stop as described? I'm sure it is very easy but I can't see how to add it.

Comment

Shanghai, you can use AtmStrategyCreate() method for calling an ATMStrategyTemplate to manage the exits for your NinjaScript strategy - for a sample please check into the SampleAtmStrategy installed per default with NinjaTrader.

For your follow up question on how to protect a 'naked' position on the DOM, please check into this link for submitting the needed orders - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

can't access links in this thread

Hello

I've just joined this forum and have tried to access both of the links that are in this thread, but they both lead to a page that's full of sponsored links and not much else. I've attached a PDF screenshot of the page they lead to.

Is this thread too old now? Or am I doing something wrong?

If those articles no longer exist could you please point me in the right direction for the questions in this thread. ie. how to protect a "naked" position?

These are the links that I tried to follow:

Thanks for your help...
          Sean
          Attached Files

Comment

To see how to protect a naked position please visit the link I have provided below:

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Submitting Orders in the SuperDOM.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses