Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming e

The title is an error message I am getting. Here is a history:
    1. I changed my Key to a demo key from AMP futures to try the CQG data feed;
    2. NT started to slow down after a couple of weeks until almost unusable; chart load VERY slow if at all, and when orders placed there was 3-10 second delay in display of order on chart (ATM/ChartTrader). sometimes order would fill and close before shown on chart;
    3. Tired of that, I switched back to my Live license. But none of the strategies/indicators I had previously written were showing up when I selected the Strategy/Indicator Buttons. (They were shown when I went to Edit Ninja Script);

4. Thought I may need to remove some custom assemblies I have from vendors and/or re-download ninja scripts to get my strats back but when I tried, I kept getting error messeges about problem file. when I tried to remove, I got: "Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before removing a NinjaScript assembly"

5. Whether or not this relates to either the very slow chart behavior, or not having my strategies, I could not figure out how to find the problem file. This sort of message is maddening in that it just tells you there is a problem but with no helpful information how to solve it. It is a typical Microsoft-style of lazy/poor design. Very frustrating for those of us that want to focus on getting work done and not tinkering around with software puzzles!!!

Guys, I am a fan of Ninja but these seemingly minor problems that get a user stuck with nowhere to look until a next day response can take a serious toll on the trader's mental game. Psychology is a major component to trading and the NT documentation is frankly very lacking. It is written from your perspective, not the user's. I wish you would consider having a user review board or something that addresses this. Your user manual is full of short hand and gaps. (sorry)

I tried email support regarding slow behavior but did not get response.

Edit: Also tried removing NT7.5 and installing v.6. Still same error message and no strats available??
    Last edited by billr; 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM.

Hello billr,

I replied to your email sent this evening.

Please respond with a good date/time you would be available for remote assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have the same error

I am trying to install a 3rd party indicator and I get the error. I tried uninstalling Ninja Trader, then reinstalling and I get the same error. Please assist

Comment

Ditto !!

any reply woould be great

Comment

Originally posted by Spaggetti Ninjja View Post
          Ditto !!

any reply woould be great
          Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
          • Open NinjaTrader
          • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
          • Select an indicator and double click on it.
          • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
          • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
          • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
          Let me know if this does the trick for you.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm running NT 7.0.1000.6 and don't have that menu item. I was trying to update an indicator, didn't know how to remove (I've since found a thread here on the proper way), but now I can't get through that process as I receive the same error as the other posters here. Should I just re-install, and if so, save some folders first?
            I forgot to add: I'd deleted the .dll and .cs files. I was going to put them back in to try to get past the error, but didn't have the old files anymore. I tried putting the new ones in, but still get the error.
            Last edited by Jack_J; 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_J View Post
              I'm running NT 7.0.1000.6 and don't have that menu item. I was trying to update an indicator, didn't know how to remove (I've since found a thread here on the proper way), but now I can't get through that process as I receive the same error as the other posters here. Should I just re-install, and if so, save some folders first?
              I forgot to add: I'd deleted the .dll and .cs files. I was going to put them back in to try to get past the error, but didn't have the old files anymore. I tried putting the new ones in, but still get the error.
              Do you not have the option in Tools-->Edit NinjaScript. If you do not have this option please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your license key which can be found under Help-->About
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not have that option; email sent. Thanks!

Comment

I also cannot uninstall anything with the REMOVE NINJASCRIPT ASSEMBLY but I can see why. When I originally purchased my custom indicators Ninja was originally on my C drive. I have since uninstalled Ninja and reinstalled it and MY DOCUMENTS to my E drive (my C drive is a SSD). So when I go to COMPILE I can see Ninja is trying to find these indicators (dll) in the old C drive location that does not exist anymore. I don't know how to fix this. I do need to figure out how to uninstall these as I have new versions to install. Can you help?

I have Ninja 7.0.1000.6 64 Bit and Windows 7

Thanks,

Cindy
                  Last edited by sdcindy; 09-10-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Think I figured it out. When I was in the indicator compile screen as mentioned in previous posts, I right clicked and selected References and was able to add the correct DLL path for each problem indicator. I then deleted the old C: drive DLL's and re-compiled. After that, I was able to uninstall the old indicators.

Cindy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes