X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make a post

how do I make a post?

Hello grgic,
    To make a post please be signed into your account, select a section from the front page you would like to post in, and then select "New Post" at the top left of the post lists.

Comment

sdfsdfsdfsd

Comment

please i have a probleme
        I built an automatic strategy with ninzarenko bars
        I also tested it on replays ( always positive)
        and when i tested it in real time like 04/14/2023 it only gave me negative results as always
        always in real time the results are negative and when I do the replay of the same day the results are always positive
        is that came from rithmic data or what?
        can you please help me to resolve that
        and thank you
        Last edited by deevy; 04-15-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

No, that is because ninZaRenko bars do not have the true OHLC of that time period. Like many Renko bar implementations, they give false positive results in back-testing because they trick the back-testing engine into thinking it can get a fill at prices that did not actually trade. You may be able to get around this by turning on special features to test intrabar rather than using the false OHLC of the bar to test or by adding a 1-tick series and submitting your orders to that instead of the chart bars. You need to read this very carefully: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ime_vs_bac.htm
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Ninza also has Kingrenko bars which are a backtestable version of ninzarenko. I don't use them

kempotrader

Comment

Hello deevy,

Thanks for your note.

QuantKey_Bruce is correct. ninZaRenko bars do not have the true OHLC of that time period. Like many Renko bar implementations, they give false positive results in back-testing because they trick the back-testing engine into thinking it can get a fill at prices that did not actually trade.

You could try adding an additional 1-tick secondary series to your script and submitting your orders to that secondary 1-tick series.

Please review the help guide document on the differences on real-time vs backtest (historical).
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ime_vs_bac.htm

Please reference the SampleIntrabarBacktest example which demonstrates adding intrabar granularity.

SampleIntrabarBacktest 'Backtesting NinjaScript Strategies with an intrabar granularity':
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/backtesting_ninjascript_strate.htm

Additional information may be found in this NinjaTrader Forum post:
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...mance?t=102504

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​​​
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello team

please can anyone help me to do the break even in strategy builder

knowing that I read in the posts that there was also a member who wanted the same thing and we sent him a ZIP file I downloaded it too but the parameters are not what I wanted that was really and very complicated for me
                so if you can send it to me a file too here's my strategy
                is very simple i just want
                a 20 ticks target (100$)
                a 12 ticks stop loss (60$)
                and when I have a profit equal to 65 dolar (13 ticks)
                the breakeven is triggered at +2ticks greater than my entre so (10$)

I hope you can help me

thank you

Comment

Hello deevy,

Thank you for your note.

There is not a breakeven function built in to the Strategy Builder. There is an open feature request to track interest in adding a breakeven function and I would be glad to add your vote if you'd like.

Even though there is not a built in breakeven setting, there is a workaround using an exit order and modifying the price of that exit order to make a breakeven movement. We have an example of how to do this attached to the following forum post:

Please review the 'BreakEvenBuilderExample' found at that link to see how the exit order is modified; you should be able to use this idea in your script to modify the exit when you hit 13 ticks of profit to move your stop to breakeven +2 ticks.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                  Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily

Thank you for your reply

first of all I don't know where to put the modification on the 'BreakEvenBuilderExample' to get the 13 ticks of profit and so on ...
                    So you if know in the default properties at the beginning we have the possibility of making stops and targets ( by Strategy Position or Per entry Execution )
                    i tested by 'Strategy Position' to let the stop and target by strategy ATM but it's not workig
                    do you have any suggestions
                    to let the entries by Strategy Builder.
                    and stop and target by ATM

thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUILDER.png
Views:	447
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1248188
                    Last edited by deevy; 04-24-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hello deevy,

Thank you for your reply.

To have your entries generated by a strategy and then stops and targets managed by an ATM strategy would require manually scripting in an unlocked strategy via the NinjaScript Editor. You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily

thank you for your reply

yes i would like your NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with me
                        and to help me to do the script manually cause i'm not able to do it alone

thank you so much

Comment

Hello deevy,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.​
                          Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello
                            please i have a question
                            why when i connect jigsaw with ninjatrader it doesn't work ( market analyser )
                            i can't open a trade by jigsaw even when i'm in playback mode
                            thank you

Comment

Edit: I see now you're talking about a connection not an addon per your other post: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...-version-of-nt
                              Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 05-29-2023, 05:13 PM.
                              Bruce DeVault
                              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM