Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ichimoku Strategy - Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ichimoku Strategy - Need help!

Hi

I'm using the 2 attachments as my Ichimoku indicators:

(1) IchiCloud - to plot the Senkou Span A & Senkou Span B, which collectively form the Kumo (cloud)

(2) Ichilines - to plot the Tenkan Sen, Kijun Sen & Chikou Span

Once these indicators are active on the chart, I've created the following 3 strategies (via Tools>New NinjaScript>Strategy)

(a) Tenkan/Kijun Cross - Go long when the Tenkan Sen Crosses above the Kijun Sen above the Kumo - This strategy works fine & plots a vertical line at the bar where the conditions are met.

(b) Senkou Span Cross - Go long when the Senkou Span A crosses above the Senkou Span B, and the price is above the Kumo. This strategy works fine & plots a vertical line at the bar where the conditions are met.

(c) Kumo Breakout - Go long when the Price breaks out above the Kumo. Now it is here where I'm having the problem. The most basic function I am using is - "If the closing price crosses above the Senkou Span A, then plot Vertical line." However, I don't get the correct result and get many vertical lines in the wrong places. I've also tried different options for "Offset" and "Bars Ago" (as the Kumo is plotted 26 bars ahead of the price) but still no luck. The screenshot of the Condition builder is attached.

As I was able to get the first two strategies to work fine - Can anyone please suggest what I may be doing wrong for the last strategy?

Many thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

Can you please send your strategy to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post so that I may look into this. As with the current information provided I could only guess as to possible reasons this may occur.

Also, I need to know are you running this live, in a backtest, also are you running this with Calculate On Bar Close = True or False?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

NT it appears doesn't have Ichumuko cloud in the standard listing of charting and tech. indicators.

where can I get a download for this?

Comment

Hi Renkoben

You can use the attachments earlier in the thread for the Cloud and the Ichi lines.

Comment

I don't know how to use this rar at the top is "ADD, extract to, test, view, delete, find, Wizard, info, Virus Scan.

I did the extract to......to my desktop. where it's in a file (not the piles books). went to import ninja script and the file is empty???

Comment

renkoben, you will have to first extract the file from the .RAR archive. You can use WinRAR to do this. Once you extract the file, go to NinjaTrader and click File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript and you'll be able to import the file.

EDIT: Just looked at the first post. The file is a .ZIP not .RAR. There are a variety of applications that will open zip archives. If you are running Windows Vista or something later, there is a built-in unzipper.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ninja script files?

When I try to import ninja script the file on my desktop (three books stacked on each other)

my computer won't do it. It reads:

"ninjascript archive files does not contain any ninja script files"

what is wrong?

Comment

renkoben, both indicators in this thread just imported successfully for me. Please try re-downloading the indicators and importing again.

Comment

heiken ashi smooth

Austin

Actually i needed the technique for the smoothed heiken ashi listed on the forum

here

I couldn't make this down load , does it work for you?

the indicator is from Purelogik, a NT consultant

Comment

need help

Austin or someone. I need your help. when you press the button the open the attachment a winrar zip or whatever window opens.

then you get three different files. I suppose you highlight the "indicator" entry

then do you press "extract to" or "add" or WHAT

HELP. I've been working on this for 7 hrs today and can't do it.

support @ ninja is out for the weekend apparently.

Comment

typo

typo- I ment to say

Austin or someone. I need your help. when you press the button to open the attachment a winrar zip or whatever window opens.

then you get three different files. I suppose you highlight the "indicator" entry WHICH ONE

then do you press "extract to" or "add" or WHAT

HELP. I've been working on this for 7 hrs today and can't do it.

support @ ninja is out for the weekend apparently.

Comment

Ben, I responded to you at 1:29pm today, which is definitely during the weekend. We check once in the morning and once at night on both Saturday and Sunday.

I've already responded to your additional email request - in the future, please do not send in more than one message or forum post regarding the same item.

Do not open the archive - save it. Leave them as a .zip archive and then point NinjaTrader to that .zip archive. You were trying to import a MetaTrader indicator into NinjaTrader and that is why it wasn't working.

Comment

Hi Indtrader,

Did you figure out how to creade a strategy to "go long when the Price breaks out above the Kumo"
                          Could you share with us how did you code the statment - If the closing price crosses above the Senkou Span A-
                          For EMA is like this (Close[0]>EMA(Fast)[0]) but I have found a solution about SenkouSpanA

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses