Problem with corrupt chart data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with corrupt chart data?

This one is really strange. Without going into details NT7 freezes (need to reboot) only when I load $USDCAD to a chart with my custom indicator. ALL other currencies work fine. Any one hear anything like this? I tried deleting the USACAD chart data with history chart data manager and then downloaded it again. No joy.

Any ideas is appreciated.
    Thank you.

ohowie,

I suggest you please try opening this chart without your indicator and see if you are able to pull it up. Then add your indicator and see what happens then. If it crashes on indicator load it would be something with the indicator to look into.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did that. Can you imagine why it would work with all charts in the forex except USDCAD? It can only load a week of it. My History data I downloaded from NT servers.

Comment

What were the results of the test?

Please attach your log/trace files. Thank you.

Comment

My indicator works fine on all forex charts except for usdcad. NT locks up on loading. Indicator works fine in strategy during strategy analyzer. Just cant bring it up in a chart with the indicator. It was working fine until i started fooling around with 4 instuments and 4 matching custom indicators in one chart

Comment

ohowie,

What I need to know is if you can load USDCAD fine without the indicator. If the chart works absolutely fine without the indicator then you will want to start debugging the indicator. It is not unheard of that there could be instrument specific issues as different instruments have different ticksizes, prices, etc. that can all impact the programming of the indicator depending on how exactly it was programmed. To isolate I suggest you first look at your log/traces for any messages. Then start using try-catch blocks and strip away different layers of complexity in your code till you are able to find the area that is the culprit.

Comment

I will do that Josh, Thank you

Comment

You were right Josh. My DataSeries were out of sequence

Comment

I got everything to work fine as long as i dont try to load USDCAD more than 10 days back. Can you help me to back-up. I am getting "data is corrupt, can not back up."

Thank you,
                  Howie

Comment

Howie,

What you can try to do is remove all your current USDCAD data as that is likely the corrupt data. Then try to backup after that.

To remove all USDCAD data please go to Tools>Historical Data Manager>Edit tab. From there please select the USDCAD node and press DELETE on your keyboard to remove all USDCAD data.

Comment

I keep two computers running so i already uninstalled and deleted the nt7 document directory... Gonna restore from other machine (64-bit). I'm sure the data corruption was my doing during development. Good to know for the future, thank you for the advice. You guys are GREAT and so is NT7

Comment

Do you see any problem from backing up (everything but data) on the 64-bit and restoring it to the 32-bit? Wierdest thing, prob exists on 32-bit and not 64-bit

Comment

ohowie,

You should be fine with such a procedure for backing up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses