TriggerLines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trigger lines indicator with alerts

thanks for the TrendLine with alerts indicator. I'll have to see if I can use it. I am looking for alerts on the trigger lines, which are moving averages. I would like to get a draw plot alert, sound and or message alert when one MA (triggerline) crosses the other MA(triggerline). The MA I'm looking for are the LinReg(XX) and EMA(LinReg(XX), XX).

Comment

woops, i guess this wont work, its just a static trend line alert , i misread yoru question, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by marci02 View Post
        Does anyone have the triggerlines indicator with alerts, either draw alerts, sound alerts, alert window alerts?
        thanks!!
        There is a trigger lines indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

It is not difficult to add alerts. Create some string objects to hold the names for the sound files, create properties for those strings. Add a few lines of code in OnBarUpdate(). Then create the sound files. If it is for your own private use you can use this link:

Attached Files

Comment

Do you know if this indicator is available somewhere for Ninjatrader 8?
          I've been using it on NT7 but now I want to update my NT...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
            There is a trigger lines indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

It is not difficult to add alerts. Create some string objects to hold the names for the sound files, create properties for those strings. Add a few lines of code in OnBarUpdate(). Then create the sound files. If it is for your own private use you can use this link:

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
            Harry, Hi.

The ATT research was acquired and no longer exists(as a free service). Do you know of another source (safe) for creating sound files.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
              Harry, Hi.

The ATT research was acquired and no longer exists(as a free service). Do you know of another source (safe) for creating sound files.

Cheers!

You may use Natural Reader, but you need to pay for the license, if you wish to create audio files.

Comment

There are several open source GitHub projects in C# that will let you create your own "wav" files.
                I have tried several and they ALL work for entering your TEXT and Testing the Sound, then saving to a "wav" format. If your not good at C# and compiling then some offer nuget packages in a exe/dll version.
                I have created lots of NT7/NT8 custom "wav" files that speak to me on conditions that I apply to my trading. i.e. Block Sell/Buy, New Up/Down tread, etc.

Here are a few.
                Trials with text and speach. Contribute to madmeier/MMVoiceAssistant development by creating an account on GitHub.

Contribute to quaisbsharat/TextToSpeach development by creating an account on GitHub.

Let me know if you need help.

Comment

Originally posted by jordineo View Post
                  Do you know if this indicator is available somewhere for Ninjatrader 8?
                  Yes, I just uploaded my bltTriggerLines indicator.

NT7 version is available here.

NT8 version is available here.

Enjoy!
                  Last edited by bltdavid; 05-30-2020, 08:58 AM. Reason: Updated download links (ecosystem upgrades broke them, aarrgh)

Comment

I'm looking for that elusive no thrills TriggerLine Indicator not the blttriggerLine because the lower case makes it not combatable with strategy builder.
                    "The original author chose to use a lower case letter for the class (not good practice for public objects) and this interferes with the Strategy Builder as it creates a private variable using a lowercase letter".

The TriggerLine indicator in post #1 would be perfect but it's too old I need an updated one for NT8 Please..............!!

Comment

Does anyone in the community have a link for a very basic TriggerLine indicator? For NT8.

Not the blttriggerLine I cant use it in the strategy builder it wont let me due to the lower case letter it reads it like a private variable and gives me an error.

Thank you in advance,

Bill Trading in Style

Comment

Originally posted by trdninstyle View Post
                        Does anyone in the community have a link for a very basic TriggerLine indicator? For NT8.

Not the blttriggerLine I cant use it in the strategy builder it wont let me due to the lower case letter it reads it like a private variable and gives me an error.

Thank you in advance,

Bill Trading in Style
                        Hmm, I didn't know that. I've never used the Strategy Builder in NT8.

Stand by, I'll attach an updated copy here.
                        Last edited by bltdavid; 05-30-2020, 09:14 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Comment

Originally posted by trdninstyle View Post
                          I'm looking for that elusive no thrills TriggerLine Indicator not the blttriggerLine because the lower case makes it not combatable with strategy builder.
                          "The original author chose to use a lower case letter for the class (not good practice for public objects) and this interferes with the Strategy Builder as it creates a private variable using a lowercase letter".

The TriggerLine indicator in post #1 would be perfect but it's too old I need an updated one for NT8 Please..............!!
                          My apologies.

I had no idea the choice of uppercase/lowercase letters would be
                          crucial in this regard.

The C# language itself absolutely does not care about this, so, for whatever
                          reason, it must be an artificial NinjaTrader limitation.

I simply didn't know.

Attached is an updated BltTriggerLines for NT8.
                          The only change is that it uses an uppercase 'B' for it's first letter.
                          Attached Files

Comment

bltdavid Thankyou many times and thankyou some more!

I just started to pay attention to C# language which I am completely lost but am beginning to sort of get it I have a long ways to go though.

After I use strategy builder to build my indicator I'm struggling to convert it to a indicator. I open a new indicator click 'Generate' it opens the C# script (I believe that's how to say it) then I copy the C# language in the strategy builder paste it in the indicator C# change the wording from strategy to Indicator in 2 places I then // // comment accouple of things and then I believe it's suppose to work but it doesn't.

The idea is to change my chart background (Green to Indian Red) when one TriggerLine (20-5) crosses over another TriggerLine (38-9) but been tying it on a SMA instead (Except for now thanks to u I can go try it with BltTriggerLine) but it only paints behind the bar not entire background. I was told I could unlock the script in order to have my chart background change color w/ the indicator. From my understanding.

"
                            The chart background can be set in an unlocked script with ChartControl.Properties.ChartBackground."
                            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...properties.htm"

This is where I'm at in my journey and you saved me a huge step.

Thank you again

Bill Trading In Style

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

ChartBackground is a brush. Please see the documentation page below for working with brushes.

Working with Brushes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...th_brushes.htm

You can set BackBrush for historical bars using BackBrushes and a loop, or you could set ChartBackground to a brush of your choosing.

Code:
                              if (ChartControl != null)
                                  ChartControl.Properties.ChartBackground = Brushes.Red;

for (int i = 0; i < CurrentBar; i++)
                                  BackBrushes[i] = Brushes.Green;
                              BackBrushes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ackbrushes.htm

You can also use a New Indicator Wizard to add a Brush User Defined input.

NinjaScript Wizards - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../ns_wizard.htm

We look forward to assisting.
                              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good morning bltdavid!

Thank you very much for the trigger lines indicator - Love it!!

Just an FYI .....

There seems to be a couple small problems with the Region coloring. One is when a value is entered into the displacement. The linear regression line and the EMA move over the displaced value ok, but the region coloring gets left behind. And similarly (nothing related to displacement), when an alternate panel other than "same as input series" is chosen, the 2 lines move fine, but again the region coloring gets left behind.

Cheers!
                                Kas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                                20 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post grayfrog  
                                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                                30 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post grayfrog  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                                95 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post xiinteractive  
                                Working...
                                X