• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PnL in pips

Hi,
    I like to trade forex through IB and wonder if it would be possible to see

-improvement #1-
    in the positions tab besides the average opening price of the position also actual price (say last trade)

-improvement #2-
    and PnL column to be changeable to pips since it is in $ and for open positions I see only red or black $0.00 which is not very informative. The strategies tab could be also improved by changeable PnL to pips.

-improvement #3-
    I am just a beginner with IB/forex/NT, but yesterday when we started to forward test our (me and my friend) system, I saw in the account performance that it didn't counted 0.01 pips from GBPJPY equal to pips from 0.0001. Example: imagine you have one trade with a loss of 50 pips on GBPJPY pair and one trade with a profit of 20 pips on EURGBP. Then it should say -30 pips total result, instead it would show -0.50+0.0020=-0.498 pips total profit/loss, which I consider a serious bug.

-improvement #4-
    In the strategies tab, when I stop a strategy and would like to start a new one or another one, I click on a pair and simply click on New strategy, I select one, but it is added on totally different asset and not the one I clicked -GBPJPY- (actually on the ZB which is the last in the default list of assets).

Regards
    N.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicknamed; 05-19-2009, 03:27 AM. Reason: adding improvement No4

nicknamed, thanks for taking the time to post these suggestions. On #3 the calculations are correct according to the underlying formula - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tedProfit.html

But I can see your point expressing it in pips for trading Forex.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes