Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Hi All

I have been using Super Trend as an indicator for Meta Trader Software But could not find this indicator for Ninja Trader.

This is a wondeful indicator to know about the trend and in trending markets this indicator works perfectly even in 2-3 minute timeframes. A wonderful tool which everybody would like it to be in their favorite indicator list

I request Everybody to convert this attached Supertrend Metatrader formula to convert and make it compatible for Ninja trader. I shall be highly thankful. Waiting eagerly for the response from the seniors.

Regards

Vinkal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vrathee; 11-27-2008, 08:05 AM.

I have seen this indicator and agree it is a good one if could program I would have done so already

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
    Hi All

I have been using Super Trend as an indicator for Meta Trader Software But could not find this indicator for Ninja Trader.

This is a wondeful indicator to know about the trend and in trending markets this indicator works perfectly even in 2-3 minute timeframes. A wonderful tool which everybody would like it to be in their favorite indicator list

I request Everybody to convert this attached Supertrend Metatrader formula to convert and make it compatible for Ninja trader. I shall be highly thankful. Waiting eagerly for the response from the seniors.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

The indicator code is very simple, it looks like it could be created in the strategy wizard with only the ATR indicator.

I don't have any time now, but if nobody else converts it in the next couple days I could probably take a crack at it.

Comment

Elliot Wave,

Just wanted to drop a line to say "Thank You!" for all the additions you've made to the file sharing forum.

I have no personal experience with this particular indicator, but as always, will check it out once available.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
          The indicator code is very simple, it looks like it could be created in the strategy wizard with only the ATR indicator.

I don't have any time now, but if nobody else converts it in the next couple days I could probably take a crack at it.
          Thanks Elliot Wave

Nobody can deny your contribution. I shall be very happy to get this Super Trend Indicator asap as this is what i badly want and this will be very helpful to everybody.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

I programmed this into a simple indicator recently albeit with just a simple Up/Down (1/-1) value for use in a Strategy, rather than the sexy moving line on the price chart. It's probably not much effort to update for the sexy graphics, but if you're simply after the Up/Down trend I can post that later today.

Comment

Originally posted by TCT-Peter View Post
              I programmed this into a simple indicator recently albeit with just a simple Up/Down (1/-1) value for use in a Strategy, rather than the sexy moving line on the price chart. It's probably not much effort to update for the sexy graphics, but if you're simply after the Up/Down trend I can post that later today.
              Peter

I shall be thankful if you post that. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

SuperTrend for NinjaTrader

Vrathee,

Enjoy,

You're more than welcome...
                Edit: Added Arrows to indicate possible reversal...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Beat me to it

Nice work Roonius, its great to have another person on the forum who can convert MetaTrader indicators since there are so many good ones.

*edit
                  (The first version works great so I removed my link to avoid any conflict, since they have the same name.)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Elliott Wave; 11-24-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                    Vrathee,

Enjoy,

You're more than welcome...
                    Thanks Roonius and Elliot Wave

You people have been very kind on me. A little question what i have got is which time period setting should be used. I normally use 10,3 as setting. But Roonius uses 14,3 and Elliot has posted as 10,2 settings.

A little confusion. Can you please guide me on the settings?

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

Just experiment and see what works best. You'll notice that length parameter doesn't do too much, but you can think of the multiplier parameter as the indicators 'sensitivity'. The lower the number, the faster it reacts, but the trade off is more false signals.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                        Just experiment and see what works best. You'll notice that length parameter doesn't do too much, but you can think of the multiplier parameter as the indicators 'sensitivity'. The lower the number, the faster it reacts, but the trade off is more false signals.

Thanks Elliot Wave

I will try that way. I will try to put more Meta Trader indicators which work superbly.
                        Hope to get support further also.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

did anyone tried to backtest it ? or to make a simple strategy ?

Comment

Yes. It works fairly well in my opinion, much better than similar indicators based on ATR.

I usually find a new favorite indicator a week (), and this one definitely takes the cake for this week.

Comment

Thank you very so much Roonius

You have been very helpful. This indicator has been wonderful for me. Such an indicator when used with only one more indicator for confirmation; may be macd or RSI, then it works great.

I has tested this indicator on live markets trading myself and results has been outstanding. This is worth trying.

Happy trading

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gm7_forum