Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Advanced C# Programming Area for FELLOW PROGRAMMERS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced C# Programming Area for FELLOW PROGRAMMERS...

There should be a place where we can ask Advanced C# Programming questions. Where it would be understood that NT tech DOES NOT support this type of question, rather than have to explain that EVERYTIME, just have a HUGE DISCLAIMER stating that "NT DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS LEVEL OF PROGRAMMING" or whatever. As more and more programmers are getting under the hood of NT, and there is NO WHERE else to go to find / ask questions, it would be nice to ask the fellow programmers here.

Thanks for the suggestion and this is something we are discussing internally. The challenge is that some of the questions are C# language questions and some are questions regarding functionality that is not documented or as you say, under the hood and if we open an advanced section, we need still need to determine where the line is drawn. Anything that is NOT documented is not supported and can and will likely change. If we had 1000's of users coding to unsupported features that we then change --> We would have a lot more upset customers in that scenario than we do have now. That being said, we do undertand that people have advanced requirements and thus we are holding internal discussions to see how we strike a balance that serves everyones requirements.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not a C# programmer at all but I strongly disagree with Ray on this subject. There SHOULD be an area for unsupported code, with a disclaimer. Besides, why would you make something not work in NT that is in C# code? Since NinjaScript is based on C# it should be compatible with the whole language. Just my 2 cents.
      Last edited by eDanny; 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

a reason to learn c#.

i'm not a c# prog, but it is easy to learn. my first language was java without plan for the first four year. then it came to my brain.

what i mean, an advanced area is good ... i came from the open source world and networking is all ...

but in this forum ??? then there is no room for making money ... with line of codes --

best regards
        Last edited by whself beginner; 04-29-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post sightcareclickhere  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes