Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto Fibonacci Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Fib Indicators

Can some one please tell me where to find the Fib Auto Retracement & Extension Indicator, if any. Also if there is such an indicator, is it the same as the ones being used by Nex Gen Softwares?

Comment

Hello SteveM,

You can add Fibonacci Retracements and Extensions to charts using the drawing tools. Please see the link below for more information.

I did a search on the forum, but unfortunately I could not find anything regarding an 'Auto Retracement & Extension Indicator'. I suggest to check the indicator in post #14.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 06-08-2009, 04:57 AM.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason

Thank you very much for your feed back. I am aware of the manual Retracements and Extensions. I was looking for auto Ret / Ext. if any on Ninja Traders. Thanks once again.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello SteveM,

You can add Fibonacci Retracements and Extensions to charts using the drawing tools. Please see the link below for more information.

I did a search on the forum, but unfortunately I could not find anything regarding an 'Auto Retracement & Extension Indicator'. I suggest to check the indicator in post #14.

Comment

You will need to self program an indicator for that.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

AutoFibonacci

Hello SteveM,

the indicator that I coded (FibonacciCluster, see post below) does have AutoFibonacci functionality and does include Fibonacci Extensions as well. I do not know, if the underlying logic suites you.

My Pivots indicator family includes Fibonacci retracements based on the current day's high and low. High and low can be based on day session or electronic session.

Feel free to contact me via private mail, if you need further information.

Harry

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Thank you very much for your feed back. I am aware of the manual Retracements and Extensions. I was looking for auto Ret / Ext. if any on Ninja Traders. Thanks once again.
            Last edited by Harry; 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the update. I am trying to download the file and for some reason, I am getting the message saying that there are some files which are corrupted. Hence I have not been able to download the indicator onto my setups.

Can you help me with the Please.

Thanks

Originally posted by Harry View Post
              Hello SteveM,

the indicator that I coded (FibonacciCluster, see post below) does have AutoFibonacci functionality and does include Fibonacci Extensions as well. I do not know, if the underlying logic suites you.

My Pivots indicator family includes Fibonacci retracements based on the current day's high and low. High and low can be based on day session or electronic session.

Feel free to contact me via private mail, if you need further information.

Harry

Comment

Just to be 100% sure, I downloaded the indicator from the NinjaTrader forum, then imported it to NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.10 (also works with 6.5.1000.9) and applied it to a chart. No problem at all!

Which is the NT version that you use, and where do you get that corrupted files message from? If there is something that is corrupted, it is definitely not the indicator!
                Last edited by Harry; 07-06-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks Harry, SteveM - it woudl be helpful if you could post the exact error you got, if this is due to your local NinjaScript files having programming errors, please check into this tip - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4678
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The message I am getting while importing the file is: "
                    You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File." Can you help me with resolving this issue. Where am I going wrong at this point. Thanks for your help.

Comment

SteveM,

Please go to Tools->Edit NinjaScript and open any file. Then press F5 to compile. It will then give you a list of errors that will need to be addressed first.

Comment

Hello Josh
                        Thanks for the info. I tried doing F5 after selecting a file in Edit NinjaScript. Nothing happened. Do I have to go offline to do it or I need to log into live data and then do it.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                        SteveM,

Please go to Tools->Edit NinjaScript and open any file. Then press F5 to compile. It will then give you a list of errors that will need to be addressed first.

Comment

Being connected or not should not matter. By nothing happens do you mean literally nothing happens? You should either get a list of errors that need fixing or a popup that says "Successfully generated".

Comment

Once I go into Edit NinjaScript and press F5, there is no reaction from the computer at all. Neither any error message, nor any successfully generated message ...... Nothing at all.
                            Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                            Being connected or not should not matter. By nothing happens do you mean literally nothing happens? You should either get a list of errors that need fixing or a popup that says "Successfully generated".

Comment

Do you get the same result when you right click in the script and select the 'Compile' option?
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did you actually open the script for editing and then hit F5?
                                eDanny
                                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aa731
                                by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes