MB Connection keeps turning orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Connection keeps turning orange

I trade FX and I have a consistent problem with my MB data feed through ninja everyday at approximately 6am EST. I will trade from 12am through to 6am with no problems and everything works fine however at around this 6am mark my connection light keeps turning orange every few mintues and when it does turn green again my price feed does not catch up to the current price.

When I restart ninja or reload my historical data I will recive the correct price for a brief time before it reverts back to seriously delayed data.

I have spoken with both MB and my ISP about this and they don't see a problem from their end. I have no idea what is causing this and why it seems to happen at around the same time each day. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated as I can't proceed trading like this.

Have attached my ninja log

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello fordtrader,

I suspect this is related to the server reset period with MBTrading. I suggest to verify with MBTrading if their server reset occurs around 6 AM your time zone.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

In addition, please check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
    2 responses
    1 like
    Last Post BarzTrading  
    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes