Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

References for Draw Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References for Draw Methods

I am trying to create a dll that uses the NT drawing methods. I get the following error "The name 'DrawArrowDown' does not exist in the current context". I assumed this was because I did not have the correct reference to the NT components that handles drawing tasks.
    Am I on the right track, and what NT component should I include in my "references" to resolve this compilation error.

Many thanks.

Unfortunately creating custom DLLs outside NT is beyond of what can support.

However, Right click->References in the NinjaScript editor could give you an idea on what is needed.

Comment

The draw methods belong to the StrategyBase and IndicatorBase classes, so you would need a reference to an instance of a strategy or indicator to call these methods on.

Comment

Thanks gert74, that worked, and saved me a lot of time thrashing around in the dark. Using methods like DrawArrowDown is now recognised and compiles.
        I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance...if I am trying to use a method like the DrawArrowDown from my external class (dll), are there any object references that I need to pass to my external method (that uses the DrawArrowDown) to ensure the arrow is drawn on the chart? In other words, the chart implements an Indicator that makes a call to my external class and method, which perfoms some calculations then plots an arrow on the chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes